12 Night Carnival Spirit South Pacific Cruise Highlights from Sydney Australia

mattson

_GoMdfL_zXw

Following on from my Green Thunder video earlier, this is our Carnival Cruises South Pacific cruise onboard the Carnival Spirit in 2015 .

It was a great cruise, lasting 12 nights, departing from the overseas passenger terminal in Sydney Australia.

We arrived in Sydney a day early so we could see the Carnival Spirit arrive in Sydney Harbour prior to our boarding so the first couple of pictures were from 5am when it arrived.

We boarded just after the VIP guests due to booking a fair way in advance, and we were lucky to get through customs and security checks really quickly so we were onboard before many of the other guests as well - meaning we mostly had the ship to ourselves.

After we got underway, we headed to Noumea first, followed a quick stop a lifou, where we snorkeled for a while and checked out the forest and secret grotto tour, highly recommended.

Our next stop was in Fiji and we took a day trip to South Sea island - the snorkeling there was pretty good - though they'd just had a hurricane the week before so the water was a little murky.

After Fiji we headed back to the Isle of Pines in Noumea where we had the best snorkeling of the entire trip and saw some amazing sea life.

The cruise wrapped up with 2 days at sea and our final arrival back into sydney harbour.

Fun music and loved the zoom shots of the ship. I see that you put a lot of thought into the video. Great job.:)

The kids looked like they had a great time on green thunder.

Thanks mate - appreciate the kind words. I didn't get as much video as I should have, which would have included some external footage of the ship/sydney etc - but I was able to make up for it with the stills I felt - so glad they were well received.

and Yes - the kids loved the green thunder!