summer 2019 itineraries

rocklinmom

• 4 months later...

I am also looking for Norwegian 2019 European cruises, specifically British Isles. My TA states NCL is going to be doing the Med, Caribbean, and Alaska next year. No Northern Europe routes. Anyone else hear different?

I am also looking for Norwegian 2019 European cruises, specifically British Isles. My TA states NCL is going to be doing the Med, Caribbean, and Alaska next year. No Northern Europe routes. Anyone else hear different?

Your TA will almost certainly just be looking at currently available itineraries, which don’t include Norway, Britain etc.

They are certainly incorrect in saying that there are no Northern Europe routes, as the Baltics are certainly Northern Europe, and those are available to book.

As for Norway etc, we are still in the same position as we were a couple of months back. NCL have stated that the Spirit will be doing these routes, but they are now a few months late in releasing them. There are other threads on this board with speculation as to why this is. My guess is that they are redoing the itineraries (maybe tending towards Hamburg boarding rather than Southampton), and this is supported by recent reports that they made some port bookings in late March.

However, the alternative view that these itineraries (and maybe the Spirit itself) are being dropped is also a possibility.

Your TA will almost certainly just be looking at currently available itineraries, which don’t include Norway, Britain etc.

They are certainly incorrect in saying that there are no Northern Europe routes, as the Baltics are certainly Northern Europe, and those are available to book.

As for Norway etc, we are still in the same position as we were a couple of months back. NCL have stated that the Spirit will be doing these routes, but they are now a few months late in releasing them. There are other threads on this board with speculation as to why this is. My guess is that they are redoing the itineraries (maybe tending towards Hamburg boarding rather than Southampton), and this is supported by recent reports that they made some port bookings in late March.

However, the alternative view that these itineraries (and maybe the Spirit itself) are being dropped is also a possibility.

Thank you for the insight. I haven’t checked all the threads. My searching needs to improve 😣

Being new to cruising, I am only just discovering how far in advance people plan and make reservations!!!

I checked Princess and Celebrity (?) for the British Isles (not Iceland) for May and September 2019. Cabins for May are limited and September cabins are disappearing quickly! I have to revamp my planning timelines! Even for out of the country trips, we generally start 8 months ahead of time...........