How often do they change the 7-day menu?

Snuckles

I'm trying to figure out when to start the hunt for the 7-day western itinerary MDR menu on Freedom to determine the best day for the Steakhouse. My cruise is Feb 2018, would it be safe to assume that the current menu will be the same?

I'm trying to figure out when to start the hunt for the 7-day western itinerary MDR menu on Freedom to determine the best day for the Steakhouse. My cruise is Feb 2018, would it be safe to assume that the current menu will be the same?

There usually isn't a date where the whole MDR menu changes. They add or remove itemd on the menu as required.

There was a major change in the last half of 2011.

The American table began to roll out in 2014 but wasn't fleet wide for quite some time. I know the Freedom didn't get it until mid February of 2015. Some ships even later

Now they seem to be tweaking the menu again. The port day menu is rolling out having started in late August.

Here's what I do to decide which night to visit the steakhouse: once you board the ship and get settled in, go to Guest Services and ask to see the week's menus for dinner. Then decide what night to go to the steakhouse. You can always make reservations after you board the ship. That's what we do.

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Forums mobile app

Oh wow! It's sounds like the menus rarely change for the MDR for years at a time. Didn't know that. Okay now off to find the current menu and make my plans. I'd rather have an idea before getting on the cruise which day(s) we'd like to attend the Steakhouse . . . I'm just a planner that way. Thank you for all of your replies :)

Oh wow! It's sounds like the menus rarely change for the MDR for years at a time. Didn't know that. Okay now off to find the current menu and make my plans. I'd rather have an idea before getting on the cruise which day(s) we'd like to attend the Steakhouse . . . I'm just a planner that way. Thank you for all of your replies :)

There's one one big supposition wrong with this line of thinking... Each head chef has a certain amount of leeway as to what day they wish to present which menu to be served. The only exceptions being what nights are Elegant Evenings which must have one of the 3 American Feast menu options.So each ship's casual night menus may change order every 4-6 months while the primary head chef is away on mandatory vacation time of 4-6 weeks.

I always try to avoid scheduling the steakhouse on a Cruise Elegant evening for 2 reasons: 1) you have to wear a jacket in the steakhouse on elegant nights, and 2) they usually have an "upgraded" selection of entrees in the MDR on elegant nights.

]Oh wow! It's sounds like the menus rarely change for the MDR [/u]for years at a time. Didn't know that. Okay now off to find the current menu and make my plans. I'd rather have an idea before getting on the cruise which day(s) we'd like to attend the Steakhouse . . . I'm just a planner that way. Thank you for all of your replies :)

It's a smart shopper who plans ahead. And your correct they rarely change the menu in the MDR. Enjoy your cruise (y).

I always try to avoid scheduling the steakhouse on a Cruise Elegant evening for 2 reasons: 1) you have to wear a jacket in the steakhouse on elegant nights, and 2) they usually have an "upgraded" selection of entrees in the MDR on elegant nights.

Actually, you don't need a jacket in the steakhouse on elegant night, it is a "suggestion" only. I have never worn one, and never had a problem.

From my latest steakhouse reservation confirmation:

• Cruise Elegant Dress Code
  • Men: dress slacks, dress shirts, and we also suggest a sport coat; men may also wish to wear a suit and tie or tuxedo
  • Women: Cocktail dresses, pantsuits, elegant skirts and blouses; ladies may also wish to wear an evening gown

Not permitted: Jeans, men’s sleeveless shirts, shorts, tee-shirts, sportswear, gym or basketball shorts, baseball hats, flip-flops and bathing suit attire.