Does the Upgrade Fairy Still Exist.......

LMINMA

Wow, you made a heck of a jump. Congratulations!

Nicest upgrade we have gotten was from an OV to a JS on Grandeur in May of this year. Very unexpected and appreciated ! Didn't know until we checked in.

Edited by Host Clarea
Fixed typo

No sadly not! I was asking about the post above mine. How to do the auto upgrade in my cruise planner?

Upgrade preferences are not in the cruise planner, look in the Profile section when you first log into your My Cruises account.

• 8 months later...

Hi! I realize this is an old thread but the Upgrade Fairy does exist! We were upgraded from a JS to a CLS L2 in the Oasis, last week!! My husband received a call from RCCL, Miami area code four days before our sailing date which was 09/02/18. My husband wasn't going to answer the phone but he did answer the call. At first he thought it was a scam call and didn't even got happy when received the call! He believed it once he saw that our documents were updated with the new cabin information. This is some info from us that could have contributed to the upgrade. Not sure if any of these are important. I'm sure there's an algorithm for this but we will never know...

Husband is Emerald and I'm Gold

I called a week before the cruise asking for available upgrades. They told us nothing was available.

Being cruising with RCCL since 1998. Have booked regular rooms, JS's (once or twice) and GS's (twice).

Complained once about a problem with a tour but that was back in 2016.

Other than this, I have no clue how this happened but I'm grateful that the Fairy visited us!

Edited by Mariela

Hi! I realize this is an old thread but the Upgrade Fairy does exist! We were upgraded from a JS to a CLS L2 in the Oasis, last week!! My husband received a call from RCCL, Miami area code four days before our sailing date which was 09/02/18. My husband wasn't going to answer the phone but he did answer the call. At first he thought it was a scam call and didn't even got happy when received the call! He believed it once he saw that our documents were updated with the new cabin information. This is some info from us that could have contributed to the upgrade. Not sure if any of these are important. I'm sure there's an algorithm for this but we will never know...

Husband is Emerald and I'm Gold

I called a week before the cruise asking for available upgrades. They told us nothing was available.

Being cruising with RCCL since 2005. Have booked regular rooms, JS's (once or twice) and GS's (twice).

Complained once about a problem with a tour but that was back in 2016.

Other than this, I have no clue how this happened but I'm grateful that the Fairy visited us!

That's fantastic!! Enjoy every second. Shouldn't your C&A level be the same as your spouses? Think I read that somewhere. Either way, have fun in the CLS

That's fantastic!! Enjoy every second. Shouldn't your C&A level be the same as your spouses? Think I read that somewhere. Either way, have fun in the CLS

It was fantastic! I was so happy about it that I ended up with a massive headache (I guess the emotion? LOL) the day that we were told about the upgrade. I was a like a kid on Christmas day ;p . I'm definitely going to check the C&A status so we are both Emerald. Thanks!