Drones

lcookie

There was a drone on starboard side side of Liberty yesterday evening as we sailed from Roatan.

I was alarmed and dismayed by this invasion of privacy Nobody expects a camera to be aimed at his/ her balcony( at least not directly into it). Would it be any different if I reached around the balcony divider and took photos toward your cabin?

I posted about a similar experience on the first page of this thread. It's one of those you know it when you see it violations. It is indefensible to have a drone hovering in front of balconies on a cruise ship. The one I saw was scanning room by room, at a time when many people might have been dressing for the day.

I saw a photo of a sign at one of the port cruise terminals that stated something like no drones past this point.

I think it was in the new adventure of the seas pics thread

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by later

I saw a photo of a sign at one of the port cruise terminals that stated something like no drones past this point.

I think it was in the new adventure of the seas pics thread

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We saw a similar prohibition two weeks ago getting on the Allure in Fort Lauderdale.

This explains chair hogs, rude passengers and so many other things. It is your vacation you paid for it but you aren't alone.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Forums mobile app

But what if the drone had a hook and could be used to remove a chair hogs towel from the lounger after it has been sitting there unoccupied all morning... :)

Official response from RCI

Thank you for contacting the Shore Excursions Inquiry Team. We hope this email finds you well.

Kindly note all drones detected during the embarkation process will be confiscated, stored by our on board staff and will be returned to the guest only at the end of the voyage.

Please note each country (and port) has it's own policies in regards to Drones, therefore it is the guest's responsibility to get all written permissions to use the drones at port. You can speak to our onboard team to request an exception on the drone usage, to be used ONLY at port. The guests wanting to use their drones must present all written permissions from local authorities on board with our on board team. Even though we cannot guarantee it, in some cases exceptions are granted.

Regards,

Good to know...