Drones

lcookie

Not sure if you are asking if you may take it on board to take it with you to your final destination (not using it during your cruise) or to use it during the cruise. It might be possible to arrange to surrender it during the cruise, but I'm sure that would take considerable arranging beforehand. Anyway it is on the prohibited list...

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/prohibited-items-onboard-policy

On my last cruise in March on Liberty, I was at guest services and listened to a very irate passenger arguing with them about how they took away their drone at embarkation. They had planned on using it at the ports and they knew they couldn't use on on the ship but the ship wouldn't let them have it back as it was prohibited. So I wouldn't bring it and chance an expensive item being taken away.

Of Royal takes it from you upon boarding they will hold it for you for the duration of the cruise. They will not give it back to you at each port stop.

A gentleman took his off the ship in Bonaire last year and filmed out dive group getting in and out of the water. His wife dove with us.

We cruised Alaska on Radiance in June. When we were at Hubbard Glacier, someone launched a drone from their balcony and flew it around the ship for a while. They brought it back to the ship and landed it on their balcony.

Did the Radiance security folks confiscate the drone after it landed on the balcony? Because drones are on the prohibited list of what you can not bring aboard, someone at embarkation most likely got in trouble.

pretty much illegal in most ports as well.

This is NOT true.

If you actually are interested, this link shows the laws by each country and has them classified green (drones are generally allowed), yellow (Drone use is limited or may require cumbersome registration processes) and red (Drone import or use is prohibited or otherwise heavily restricted).

https://foxnomad.com/2017/07/25/map-shows-drone-laws-every-country-world-updated-regularly/

All of the Caribbean countries are green with the exception of Grenada and Trinidad and Tobago (yellow) and Cuba and The Bahamas (red).

Edited by RMH
format

OR - just buy the DVD and avoid p*ssing off your fellow passengers AND the inhabitants of wherever your visiting.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Considering it is my vacation too I feel I have the choice to spend it however I feel as long as it is legal. Add to that there will be no dvd's on my excursions to buy.

I was really creeped out by the drone in Portland that was clearly trying to catch in room activity as it hovered slowly passing each balcony. That was in September on Anthem, assumed it was someone on shore. I understand getting scenic nature shots and such from a unique angle, but peeping should be illegal. I can understand a cruise line not wanting a big old can of worms that could happen from drones.

Did the Radiance security folks confiscate the drone after it landed on the balcony? Because drones are on the prohibited list of what you can not bring aboard, someone at embarkation most likely got in trouble.

I don't know. I wasn't in the cabin after it landed and I didn't hear an announcement over the P.A. system saying it had been confiscated.

Considering it is my vacation too I feel I have the choice to spend it however I feel as long as it is legal. Add to that there will be no dvd's on my excursions to buy.

This explains chair hogs, rude passengers and so many other things. It is your vacation you paid for it but you aren't alone.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Forums mobile app

We were just at the Club Med Maldives when the lifeguard at the pool spotted a guy setting up his drone. The guard stopped him before it could get off the ground. Thank you very much. The next night my DW spotted the flashing lights from one flying over the beach party buffet.

I agree fully. As long as you are considerate of others, its no different then folks with a regular camera really. Just a different angle! Not sure why some automatically figure one would use this for evil or in fact want them in their footage anyway.

Fins up!

I was really creeped out by the drone in Portland that was clearly trying to catch in room activity as it hovered slowly passing each balcony. That was in September on Anthem, assumed it was someone on shore. I understand getting scenic nature shots and such from a unique angle, but peeping should be illegal. I can understand a cruise line not wanting a big old can of worms that could happen from drones.

Agreed. Don't want it for ship activities. Wanted some good action shots of an off-road excursion. Does not seem like it will be though.