Princess Cruises Ends Shared Loyalty Program(me) with P&O Cruises

LauraS

• Passengers who have previously sailed with Princess Cruises will still have their completed P&O Cruises sailings count towards Princess Cruises' Captain's Circle Membership and will not drop in loyalty tier due to the change on Tuesday 12 December 2017.

But points already gained due to sailing both P&O and Princess will not be lost!:hearteyes:

My first Princess sailing was in 1991 when they were P&O. Frankly I'm surprised that it took this long after they were acquired by Carnival Corp to cut ties with the program. It never made sense to me that they shared loyalty with P&O and not with Carnival Corp brands. Not that I would want that, but the logic just bothered me.

My first Princess sailing was in 1991 when they were P&O. Frankly I'm surprised that it took this long after they were acquired by Carnival Corp to cut ties with the program. It never made sense to me that they shared loyalty with P&O and not with Carnival Corp brands. Not that I would want that, but the logic just bothered me.

When Carnival Corporation acquired the brand it was P&O Princess Cruise Line. Carnival separated this single entity back into two distinct separate companies. At that stage it would not have been possible to determine whether your cruise had been made with Princess or P&O unless it were taken prior to when P&O acquired Princess. It would have been quite complicated to separate your individual history with P&O or Princess prior to the merger. After the merger which out of the two subsequent cruise lines related to a P&O Princess Cruise Line cruise? Therefore cruising history with each of the new brands recognised your loyalty with the other but none of this previous loyalty related to Carnival Corporation.

Regards John

But points already gained due to sailing both P&O and Princess will not be lost!:hearteyes:

This is not quite true. If you have sailed with both it is true. If you have sailed exclusively with P&O and not with Princess Cruises all your P&O history will be disregarded. To avoid this you simply need to book and complete a Princess Cruise before 12 December 2017.

Regards John

When Carnival Corporation acquired the brand it was P&O Princess Cruise Line. Carnival separated this single entity back into two distinct separate companies. At that stage it would not have been possible to determine whether your cruise had been made with Princess or P&O unless it were taken prior to when P&O acquired Princess. It would have been quite complicated to separate your individual history with P&O or Princess prior to the merger. After the merger which out of the two subsequent cruise lines related to a P&O Princess Cruise Line cruise? Therefore cruising history with each of the new brands recognised your loyalty with the other but none of this previous loyalty related to Carnival Corporation.

Regards John

Thank you for the explanation.

• 6 months later...

Am I the only one? I tried the link when it was posted earlier and then came back and tried it again just now. Nope. Doesn't work for me. Anybody else have an issue? Bueller? Bueller?? Bueller???

Am I the only one? I tried the link when it was posted earlier and then came back and tried it again just now. Nope. Doesn't work for me. Anybody else have an issue? Bueller? Bueller?? Bueller???
Doesn't seem to work at the moment, but has I'd viewed it before I had the option of viewing a saved copy.

Sent from my VFD 900 using Tapatalk

Just booked a P&O cruise for September 2018 and it's showing in our Captain's Circle. Did this only apply to P&O UK?

i'm doing a p&o Aus cruise this coming week and its not showing in my Captains Circle but i've done over 500 days so it doesnt count towards the MTP