Not Happy with Hidden Fees on NCL

Fromdehood

I just got off the Escape today. There is NO limit on how many drinks you can have, either daily for for the week. The only time I felt nickle and dimed, was when I bought a cigar at the cigar lounge and was charged a 20% service charge. Really?

That is outrageous. They should do the same 20% then on anything you buy in their stores.

The last one I stayed at in Mexico had nine a la carte restaurants, no limit to visits and no reservations needed. Buffet was much better than cruise ship buffet, but we rarely used it anyway. Resorts will vary. The ones I choose have many dining options because that’s important to us.

That sounds great.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The last one I stayed at in Mexico had nine a la carte restaurants, no limit to visits and no reservations needed. Buffet was much better than cruise ship buffet, but we rarely used it anyway. Resorts will vary. The ones I choose have many dining options because that’s important to us.

Hey Groucho, always looking for the same in a land-based AI. Buffets and restaurants vary greatly at AI's. We love AI's and think they are a good value (especially considering the crazy rise in prices of cruises over the last couple of years, at least from what we've seen), but IMHO there's nothing like being at sea. Do you mind if I ask which one in particular that you're referring to in which you last stayed in Mexico?

Thx!

Hey Groucho, always looking for the same in a land-based AI. Buffets and restaurants vary greatly at AI's. We love AI's and think they are a good value (especially considering the crazy rise in prices of cruises over the last couple of years, at least from what we've seen), but IMHO there's nothing like being at sea. Do you mind if I ask which one in particular that you're referring to in which you last stayed in Mexico?

Thx!

Sure, it was the Finest Playa Mujeres, sister resort to the even better Excellence which is adults only but often booked up. Both excel in the dining options.