Norwegian GEM Cruise Director

Dsmeral

I have an 11 night booked on the GEM for March next year and would like to know who is the Cruise Director.

Our last trip on the GEM (2 years ago)the cruise director was not very good, and we felt that the crew were very tense and could not expend time with us as the had in the past. well, I guess after cruising with Sinan it will be very hard to really like another CD as much.

• 2 weeks later...
II have an 11 night booked on the GEM for March next year and would like to know who is the Cruise Director.

Our last trip on the GEM (2 years ago)the cruise director was not very good, and we felt that the crew were very tense and could not expend time with us as the had in the past. well, I guess after cruising with Sinan it will be very hard to really like another CD as much.

It is possible that even the CD does not know. They do get changed around from time to time.

Are you saying you will cancel depending on who it is? Or worry from now until then if he/she will be having a good week, or bad week?

Also, other than the CD immediate staff, they have little control over the "attitude" of the servers and other staff you interact with. They do not manage or supervise that staff.

• 2 weeks later...
We had Mark who just went on vacation. He might be coming back to the Gem. We found him to be excellent.

i had Mark "Whitesmoke" on my 11 day back in Nov.

he seemed like a nice enough guy but of all my NCL cruises, that one had the least amount of activities that werent sales pitches (ie: bingo, lets make a deal, 'bargains' on jewelry,etc) or Nintendo Wii games in the Atrium. :(

I just got off on Wednesday. Our CD was Lorraine from Chile. She was good. Very involved and visible. She had good chemistry with Tim Kaminski, which was fun to watch.

Sailing Gem the end of the month. Never heard of Lorraine but glad to hear she was good. Do you know if Tim will be staying on the Gem? All my cruises on the Gem I have never seen him, I hear he is good.

I just got off on Wednesday. Our CD was Lorraine from Chile. She was good. Very involved and visible. She had good chemistry with Tim Kaminski, which was fun to watch.

It’s Lorena (Tapia), not Lorraine. We just got of the Gem today and she is very good, has a lot of energy, and, as stated, good chemistry both with her staff and with the entertainers. The assistant CD (Evan Brienza) was also good, especially with game show duties (both as host and as a participant.

Tim has really good chemistry with anyone and really all of the entertainers had chemistry with and seemed to support each other. For example Tim participated in alot of activities and attended many of the shows.

i had Mark "Whitesmoke" on my 11 day back in Nov.

he seemed like a nice enough guy but of all my NCL cruises, that one had the least amount of activities that werent sales pitches (ie: bingo, lets make a deal, 'bargains' on jewelry,etc) or Nintendo Wii games in the Atrium. :(

We did the 11 day Thanksgiving cruise on the Gem - we really enjoyed ourselves but found the entertainment/music in the lounge & bar areas mediocre compared to other NCL cruises. It was our fourth and final trip during 2017, (all NCL) and that particular part of the Gem entertainment line up seemed particularly uninspired to us.

• 2 weeks later...

We were on the Gem Jan 3-13 and Lorena (from Chile) was the CD...and she was AWESOME, it was such a change from the previous 2 times we were on the Gem this past year (w/Mark as CD)

Plenty of activities, Lorena has implemented new party theme nights and she is very high energy. She had dance classes during the day, different game show style activities, and she seemed to be very high profile everywhere, from morning until night! Her assistant, Evan, was also really high energy and the entertainment staff were very visible throughout the entire 10 days. The very funny Tim Kaminsky (Hi TEEEEEEEM!) was back on as comedian, and they pulled the yawn inducing improv show. Magician, and Aerialist shows, Blazin Boots, all very entertaining.

Captain Lars from Sweden was an absolute HOOT! Even through that awful bomb cyclone storm, he had us roaring with laughter with his reports from the bridge and his sea-sickness cure-all (make sure you eat a sandwich...with salt on the sandwich);p:D

Agree....she was great.

Very engaging....Lorraine was one of my NCL favorites along with Sinan who IMHO was the best!

Don:cool:

We were on the Gem Jan 3-13 and Lorena (from Chile) was the CD...and she was AWESOME, it was such a change from the previous 2 times we were on the Gem this past year (w/Mark as CD)

Plenty of activities, Lorena has implemented new party theme nights and she is very high energy. She had dance classes during the day, different game show style activities, and she seemed to be very high profile everywhere, from morning until night! Her assistant, Evan, was also really high energy and the entertainment staff were very visible throughout the entire 10 days. The very funny Tim Kaminsky (Hi TEEEEEEEM!) was back on as comedian, and they pulled the yawn inducing improv show. Magician, and Aerialist shows, Blazin Boots, all very entertaining.

Captain Lars from Sweden was an absolute HOOT! Even through that awful bomb cyclone storm, he had us roaring with laughter with his reports from the bridge and his sea-sickness cure-all (make sure you eat a sandwich...with salt on the sandwich);p:D

Thanks for this great review! We sail on 2/13 and after reading this, I hope we get a chance to meet Lorena too.

We did the 11 day Thanksgiving cruise on the Gem - we really enjoyed ourselves but found the entertainment/music in the lounge & bar areas mediocre compared to other NCL cruises. It was our fourth and final trip during 2017, (all NCL) and that particular part of the Gem entertainment line up seemed particularly uninspired to us.

I was also on this cruise and concur on the lack of activities / uninspired options. It was the first cruise were I didn't participate in anything other than going to an evening show (the Whitney tribute) because nothing seemed really interesting in the dailies.