Joe's Cafe Fort Lauderdale Holland Holland America Display

POA1

Both are next to Marriott Renaissance, in fact the Boatyard is actually behind the hotel. Embassy is about a 1/4 mile west.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, about 1/4 mile. Nice and close :) For many people, quite walkable.

Definitely a "breakfast" place. Not quite the place for lunch (although it probably might be very good ... we have seen a lot of ship officers there over the years on turnaround day) or dinner atmosphere-wise!

The breakfast and lunch menu are available all day. The restaurant closes at 3.

I don't know if I'd seek it out for a special meal, but we like it for breakfast.

Trust me, we don't go to the Quarterdeck for a "special meal", we usually do lunch there after I've dragged DH through the Ross store, Total Wine, TJ Maxx, etc. We just like a place with good food and cold drinks, and the Quarterdeck fits the bill. DH loves their ribs and I always have their pecan crusted chicken salad - yum! Having said that, we will certainly look at stopping in for something at Joe's for a change.

Smooth Sailing! :) :) :)

Joe's Cafe is an excellent breakfast spot. We eat there every trip. Kelly's Landing? Eh..........Why eat New England style seafood when in Florida? We found out why; pricey for what I would call at best average tasting dishes. Copious amounts of deep fried, tasteless breading/batter smothering the flavor whatever treasures of the sea were buried within. Save your seafood budget for Boston. If staying in the Harbordale area, i.e. along the17th street causeway or thereabouts, then Southport Raw Bar ought to be on your list for lunch or dinner. Always on our dining list. Outstanding fresh, local south Florida seafood. Order the fresh MahiMahi prepared one of several different ways. Nice happy hour. Sit outside on the canal sipping your favorite libattions and noshing on conch fritters. Yum. Located on Cordova across the street from the Quarterdeck about a block down from Kelly's. Also, 15th Street Fisheries, located on 15th just before the bridge. Very nIce waterside setting, decent food, plus the fun of watching monster tarpon feeding right off their dock. Nice happy hour too.