LCV changes?

laurieb

In the U.K. it is a legal requirement for brochures and websites to be accurate as the information forms part of the purchase contract. Unless you print all the website information at the point of purchase it would be nearly impossible to prove what was there, I think holiday companies are aware of this.

Back to the main topic, looks like the changes are in place, I think Azamara knew it might be controversial hence the quiet introduction.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Hi,

At Owners Suite rates of 18 points per night a discovery Plus member would spend at £1000 per night 750/18 ie £41000

To get to Platinum would be 3000/18 i.e. £166,000.

That seems a ridiculously marginal 1% benefit.

More than 4 times cost for 1% benefit

If you were in a balcony you would have to sail 150 night and Platinum 600 nights.

“ Unfortunately Discoverer Plus members do not get the 1% increase for booking onboard. All levels below Discoverer Plus get this increase”.

See my post above.

Grandma Cruising, I was referring to the new 1% increase for levels below Discoverer Plus for booking onboard. Discoverer Plus was 7% before and after the new rules.

“ Unfortunately Discoverer Plus members do not get the 1% increase for booking onboard. All levels below Discoverer Plus get this increase”.

Grandma Cruising, I was referring to the new 1% increase for levels below Discoverer Plus for booking onboard. Discoverer Plus was 7% before and after the new rules.

I was trying to say that at every level you get a higher percentage discount than the level below, so loyalty is being rewarded. I can see that it is disappointing that the percentage for Discoverer Plus hasn’t gone up is disappointing, but they do still get more than Discoverers.

Only thinking out loud but could it be that the gap between 7% at Discoverer Plus (750 points) and 10% at Platinum (3000 points) could have been left to introduce something at 1500 and 2250 points at some time in the future. After all Azamara already recognise these landmarks with free nights.

.......Discoverer Plus hasn’t gone up is disappointing, but they do still get more than Discoverers.

And Discoverer Plus and Platinums have given SO much more to Azamara including for most having a cruising history with them that predates the current programme when they were losers in the points conversion.

I’d still like to hear comment from Azamara as to why there was no additional benefit in any form given to the top two tiers

It certainly sends out an odd message. "We will increase the amount of onboard booking benefit you get unless you are one of our most loyal guests".

Phil

It was all about giving new passengers 3% discount for onboard bookings.