Internet Que? re pre-cruise purchase and on-board 50% off 2nd pkg offer

5:00_Somewhere

I hope the title line made sense. And I did search, but could not find an answer to this question.

As you can see in my sig, we're seasoned cruisers, but our upcoming will only be our 3rd on Celebrity.

The past 2 cruises on X, once we boarded we received an offer for 50% off a second unlimited internet package in the same cabin (with the purchase of the first package). This was a great deal for us last cruise, as we were away for more than 2 weeks and, unfortunately, between work and family obligations, needed to be in touch with home.

We can most likely make due with 1 unlimited package, but I was just curious: does anyone know if we were to pre-purchase the unlimited internet package online and and then they offer the 50% off the second package once we're on board, will we be able to take advantage of the half-price discount, or does that only apply if you purchase the first package on board?

It's not life or death, obviously, but I was curious if any of the more experienced X travelers might have had experience with this. This seemed to me like a question that others might have, so I thought it was worth asking the CC sages. :halo:

Thanks in advance for any insights.

22 days and counting .... :D

• 2 weeks later...

I gather from the lack of response that either no one knew the answer or no one else thought this would apply to them. All good. But, I decided to go ahead and buy the Unlimited Internet package online pre-cruise and, if the special is offered once we're on board, I will inquire about it and report back. :) Ten days and counting. :cool:

You could try calling X and ask. Just a thought. Have fun.

I actually did, but they could not answer the question, so I decided to try the collected wisdom of the CC'ers. :)

You can both use the same unlimited pkg, but canNOT both log on at the same time. There are enough hours in the day to share a package. Use the money you save on a few special dinners or an excursion..

Yeah, I'm sure one package will be plenty. It's mostly a matter of curiosity for me, now.

I actually did, but they could not answer the question, so I decided to try the collected wisdom of the CC'ers. :)

Yeah, I'm sure one package will be plenty. It's mostly a matter of curiosity for me, now.

How in the world can Celebrity not answer this question? It’s baffling.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Just completed a 14 day Asian cruise on the Millennium. I had access to two Internet accounts. The Internet was down for a full day. My notebook connected to the Wi Fi most of the time. I had problems connecting to the network with my iPhone. The Internet was very slow sometimes I had to use the iPhone and notebook to research information. There was a sign in the Internet Lounge offering 50% off on the second device.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I am going to prepurchase 2 internet packages for myself and my husband separately using the select discount of 25 percent pre cruise which you cannot use once onboard. IF there is a package with 1/2 price we will compare prices and drop one and buy the 1/2 price. Pre cruise it's $168 with the discount. Some people like drink packages...We like internet. We have a b2b so we will do the same for the 2nd leg. Last time I was on celebrity was 10/2016 so I hope they still do that 50 percent off 2nd device.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Forums mobile app

I gather from the lack of response that either no one knew the answer or no one else thought this would apply to them. All good. But, I decided to go ahead and buy the Unlimited Internet package online pre-cruise and, if the special is offered once we're on board, I will inquire about it and report back. :) Ten days and counting. :cool:

Keep us posted. I have been crossing fingers on our upcoming cruise with internet

How in the world can Celebrity not answer this question? It’s baffling.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

The person I spoke with was not familiar with the on-board 50% discount for the second package, so couldn't answer the question. They put me on hold and tried to get an answer from someone else without success. She offered to continue inquiring but, after having already been on hold for several minutes I chose not to wait longer.

Keep us posted. I have been crossing fingers on our upcoming cruise with internet

Will do.

Did you use your captains club discount when you purchased your internet package pre-cruise? Also, a previous post stated you couldn't use the discount on board, but I've used mine to purchase unlimited WIFI on board a fewf years back. Have things changed in that regard?