Norwegian Booking confusion

Freeman3030

Hi all,

I'm planning a 10 day trip in January with NCL. Having only been on one cruise before (P&O) I'm a bit confused. On their website it says 'Premium All Inclusive' and all of your drinks/gratuities are included etc.

But when booking, the advertised price is for a 'Just Cruise Inside' deal priced at £619 but it appears that to be a 'Premium All Inclusive" customer we will need to select an Inside Room priced at £939.

I personally don't drink alcohol, so wouldn't see the benefit in spending £310 more for it, where as my partner does.

What do NCL charge for gratuities? It's all a bit confusing! Also, with a 'Just Cruise Inside' room, are all of the meals included when eating in the main dining room?

If anyone can help clarify on how NCL works, it would be much appreciated.

Many thanks!

Hi all,

I'm planning a 10 day trip in January with NCL. Having only been on one cruise before (P&O) I'm a bit confused. On their website it says 'Premium All Inclusive' and all of your drinks/gratuities are included etc.

But when booking, the advertised price is for a 'Just Cruise Inside' deal priced at £619 but it appears that to be a 'Premium All Inclusive" customer we will need to select an Inside Room priced at £939.

I personally don't drink alcohol, so wouldn't see the benefit in spending £310 more for it, where as my partner does.

What do NCL charge for gratuities? It's all a bit confusing! Also, with a 'Just Cruise Inside' room, are all of the meals included when eating in the main dining room?

If anyone can help clarify on how NCL works, it would be much appreciated.

Many thanks!

It would help if you mentioned which cruise ship you would like to plan to.

I do not know which cruise ship you are going on nor which promotion you would choose.

If you choose the Norwegian Rate or the Sail Away Rate, you would not have any promotions.

NCL charge gratuities for the drinking package if you choose it as well as for the dining package.

Beside the specialty restaurants, all other restaurants are included in the cruise fare you paid for.

The main dining rooms are complementary as well as the buffet.

It would help if you mentioned which cruise ship you would like to plan to.

I do not know which cruise ship you are going on nor which promotion you would choose.

If you choose the Norwegian Rate or the Sail Away Rate, you would not have any promotions.

NCL charge gratuities for the drinking package if you choose it as well as for the dining package.

Beside the specialty restaurants, all other restaurants are included in the cruise fare you paid for.

The main dining rooms are complementary as well as the buffet.

OP is clearly not booking a US rate so the promos are actually in the "all-inclusive" which is completely different and include gratuities .....

To the original poster, as mentioned above, the pricing details and what is included will differ between what people pay in the US, UK and the rest of Europe and the world. So keep that in mind when reading the responses to your inquiry.

Generally, NCL has moved to a model where they offer a low-level price which includes fewer "included" packages. They also offer packages for a higher price. Those packages, as you have mentioned might include unlimited alcoholic drinks (there are some limits) or they might include 3 or 4 meals at their "speciality restaurants". So you really just need to do your research to see if the packages are worth the price to your personal situation. They may not be. And in that case, you would probably be better off just picking the lower priced fare.

Even with the lower priced fare, all your meals in the main dining room and the buffet will be included in the price. Those are "free" eating venues. The specialty restaurant venues, if not included in a package, have a price -- either a flat rate or you pay ala carte for menu items.

I'm less certain on how NCL's Daily Service Charge is handled outside the US, so I will defer to those more familiar with the situation. NCL charges a Daily Service Charge to help cover the salaries/benefits of employees who provide you with a good vacation. It will either be charged to your account daily, or it may be included in your fare -- rules vary from county to country. So check out the rules for your country and purchase fare. Some people refer to this service charge as a gratuity.

To the original poster, as mentioned above, the pricing details and what is included will differ between what people pay in the US, UK and the rest of Europe and the world. So keep that in mind when reading the responses to your inquiry.....

Yes, this was just said, but it is worth repeating as you WILL get responses that do not take that into effect. Possible differences are:

UK passenger booking on UK site

UK passenger booking on US site

Either of above with a specific promotion going on today, but maybe not yesterday

Or somebody that will quote a promotion that has come and gone.

Just be warned.

I am British and I recently did a cruise on the Premium All Inclusive rate. We got all of our alcohol and soft drinks included, 1 litre of bottled water each for every night of the cruise (20l total for 2 persons), we were entitled to a free fancy coffee after dinner in the dining room and all of our Daily Service Charges (tips/gratuities/whatever you want to call it) were included. All meals in "free" venues included. So buffet, main dining rooms, poolside bbq etc. Speciality dining at extra cost on both rates.

The just cruise rate includes all meals in the "free" venues. Just cruise is aimed at those who don't drink or drink little. The just cruise rate includes the Daily Service charge.

Speciality dining is NOT included in your fare.

In the example you gave you see a price difference of £320 per person. This is £320 per person to cover alcohol and soft drinks, bottled water and most importantly the ability to choose your own location. Just Cruise is guarantee room which means you get what you are given after those who paid more chose theirs. It could be good, bad or indifferent.

Drinks are menu cost + 20% gratuity. So a beer is around $7-$8, Wine around $10-$12 per glass including the gratuity. A soft drink around $3.50. . Only you know how much you would each expect to consume so only you can crunch the numbers. The water and choosing your room may or may not have value to you and you will need to factor the exchange rate as everything is charged in US $ .

I don't know for certain but I believe that whichever rate you choose you both have to have it. This is a question to ask you agent before you book.