Celebrity is listening - Entertainment on Silhouette!

Mimiya11

We just got off the Silhouette yesterday and we were surprised and delighted to see a huge improvement in the evening shows. No Topper! and unless we missed it the first or another night (when we didn't go to the theatre), happy to say there were no cheezy, poor quality productions.

One night they brought in 3 amazing singers (one from NYC Broadway and other two professionals) who sang Queen songs. They got a very well deserved standing ovation! Another night they had a comedian who was very good and did another show in a smaller venue last evening. And then there was an American Idol contestant from years ago, who performs in Vegas. (sorry terrible with names) He was terrific too. We missed one show which was a pianist and a couple of others but hope this is Celebrity's future direction.

We just got off the Silhouette yesterday and we were surprised and delighted to see a huge improvement in the evening shows. No Topper! and unless we missed it the first or another night (when we didn't go to the theatre), happy to say there were no cheezy, poor quality productions.

One night they brought in 3 amazing singers (one from NYC Broadway and other two professionals) who sang Queen songs. They got a very well deserved standing ovation! Another night they had a comedian who was very good and did another show in a smaller venue last evening. And then there was an American Idol contestant from years ago, who performs in Vegas. (sorry terrible with names) He was terrific too. We missed one show which was a pianist and a couple of others but hope this is Celebrity's future direction.

Thanks for the feedback.

Entertainment like food is subjective to ones own taste. We were on the 12 night cruise before this one and I thought the entertainment was hit or miss. And mostly missed for us but like I say entertainment is subjective.

Absolutely agree. Did you have the same entertainment as I outlined? If so, different strokes for different folks as they say.

Absolutely agree. Did you have the same entertainment as I outlined? If so, different strokes for different folks as they say.

We had the three singers that did the Queen show and I agree they were very good and I am sure we had the same comic you liked as he also did his act in the small venue and he was good. We had a comic either first or second night that I didn't enjoy. We also had four guys that did a Beatles show that I liked. We had two brothers who played the fiddle/violin that was not to my liking and another night had a saxaphone player that I didn't like. Also a magician/comedian that I didn't like. Also not that enthused with the entertainment onboard at other venues than the main show room. But as I said before everything is subjective. Others probably liked the ones I didn't.

We had the three singers that did the Queen show and I agree they were very good and I am sure we had the same comic you liked as he also did his act in the small venue and he was good. We had a comic either first or second night that I didn't enjoy. We also had four guys that did a Beatles show that I liked. We had two brothers who played the fiddle/violin that was not to my liking and another night had a saxaphone player that I didn't like. Also a magician/comedian that I didn't like. Also not that enthused with the entertainment onboard at other venues than the main show room. But as I said before everything is subjective. Others probably liked the ones I didn't.[/quote

Haha, Didn't see any of the others you saw including Beatles guys, magician (yuck hate them), saxophone player (not interested). So clearly my small sampling wasn't a good indication of all the entertainment.

The quality of the entertainment is very much like the quality of the Cruise Director. Very subjective. Some love them others hate them. If they both can appease most of the passengers then they can be considered successful

We were on the same cruise and the American Idol singer is Lou Gazzara. We saw him the 2nd show and the afernoon show the next day. He was very good. The production of Pearl and the other show they performed were excellent. I agree the tribute to Queen was wonderful. We were very pleased with the shows and sad to leave the ship yesterday.

That is a surprise.