Port Everglades: Princess Terminal 21

gotta cruise again

DH and I have sailed from terminal 2 many times and things were smooth, easy, and fast.

Tell me about terminal 21, please. We're embarking and returning there on the Crown in the near future.

1. Do they have the preferred line (like terminal 2)? We arrive early as we don't mind the wait especially when the preferred pax enter first.

2. Is the preferred line (outside the terminal) next to the building or away from the building? (at terminal 2, it's away from the building with remaining pax in line next to the building)

I already know about pax/luggage drop off being sort of backwards with luggage dropped further away than the entry door (pass the entry to drop off then have to walk back to get in line).

We also aren't worried about where we'll head once inside as that's (usually!) self-evident. But if any tips regarding this, please add the info!

3. Does this terminal always have a required wine table? I know this can be variable depending on the port and time of arrival. We only bring our 1 bottle/person allowance and find it a pain to have to stop at the table as, in the past at other ports, have been directed there regardless of the number of bottles!

4. Any other tips or tricks regarding terminal 21 for either embarkation or disembarkation that we should know? (already have the Mobile Passport and hope it's used in this terminal)

Thank you for any and all help you may have!!

We were on the Crown last March/April. I am not sure if our embarkation was also at Terminal 21 but it was on disembarkation. On embarkation, passengers were in line before the doors opened. Facing the door from the outside, the lines extended to the left side while the luggage drop off was on the far right side. We did not bring wine so I didn’t notice the wine table.

We had a late 10am disembarkation so it was fast getting off the ship. No lines at CBP. We just walked across the street from the terminal to the taxi line for a short ride to the airport.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The Princess check in process, all the things you mention, at terminal 21 is pretty much the same has it was in the past in terminal 2. Terminal 2 was recently renovated. Ditto the disembarkation process. The only real difference is that there could be 4 to 5 other ships using the same drive up circle to drop their luggage. Make sure you give your luggage to the longshoremen handling the Crown Princess.

The only real difference is that there could be 4 to 5 other ships using the same drive up circle to drop their luggage. Make sure you give your luggage to the longshoremen handling the Crown Princess.

With Terminal 25 closed for rebuilding this is not really an issue. Even if directed to drive to the end of the road and make a U-turn before dropping off luggage there won't be any other ship except the one at Terminal 21 on your side of the street (unless you double back too far and somehow turn in to Terminal 19),

We have disembarked in FLL quite a few times. The only time we had any problem getting a taxi was the time we were at terminal 21. It was pouring rain, there was a very long line and no taxis in sight. I managed to a ride on a shared van that was looking for passengers.

(already have the Mobile Passport and hope it's used in this terminal)

The last time I disembarked in ft. lauderdale, I had my phone open with the mobile passport ready.

The Customs gent looked at it and said "What do I need that for? All I need are your passports."

Also, no customs declaration form, and not a single question about anything.

We embarked there at 21, for the Regal in end of January.(the Royal had terminal 2) It was raining. Everyone in line that was at least 4 deep. Really just a big pushing forward and the doors were still closed. Taxi line was so long for disembarking passengers , it got mixed up with people waiting to embark. A real mess. I asked which was the Elite line because there were lines on both sides of the door and both long. Said we were on the right line(on the right side of doors) but when the doors opened both lines were being pushed in.Horrible. There was some traffic control as we approached the opened doors but still awful.And that line we were originally on , anyone could get on it since no one was caring and not a dedicated Elite line at all.Once inside the terminal at a point, they did split us in the proper lines,. We were soaked as well from the rain and no cover.

Friends of ours arrive about 15 minutes after we were allowed in the terminal and they just walked right in, lines were gone.

If bad weather, don't arrive before 11:00am. The above would have been avoided.

The last time I disembarked in ft. lauderdale, I had my phone open with the mobile passport ready.

The Customs gent looked at it and said "What do I need that for? All I need are your passports."

Also, no customs declaration form, and not a single question about anything.

We were at San Pedro (Los Angeles) last month. There were no customs forms and the immigration officer was standing outside his cubicle. He just asked for our passport, held it up to our faces, closed the passport handing it back and saying have a good day. Is this the new process at US cruise ports now?

We were at San Pedro (Los Angeles) last month. There were no customs forms and the immigration officer was standing outside his cubicle. He just asked for our passport, held it up to our faces, closed the passport handing it back and saying have a good day. Is this the new process at US cruise ports now?

For closed-loop cruises it seems that way.

The Mobile Passport app (referenced in the post you previously quoted) is only live at one cruiseport, Port Everglades. But when I disembarked Royal Princess last month there were no announcements suggesting its use, and the immigration check was as you described it: a glance and a "welcome back" and out.

The Mobile Passport app (referenced in the post you previously quoted) is only live at one cruiseport, Port Everglades. But when I disembarked Royal Princess last month there were no announcements suggesting its use, and the immigration check was as you described it: a glance and a "welcome back" and out.

When we disembarked at terminal 21 last month, we were told that the Mobile Passport app "was not working."

We have disembarked in FLL quite a few times. The only time we had any problem getting a taxi was the time we were at terminal 21. It was pouring rain, there was a very long line and no taxis in sight. I managed to a ride on a shared van that was looking for passengers.

How can this be true??? I have read dozens of posts here: "I never have any problem getting a taxi..."

This is sarcasm, Mr. Joe. I have seen the same line.

Thank you all for sharing your ideas and comments...very helpful and much appreciated!!

I'm still wondering about the wine table as we hate standing in line at one just to show we only have the allotted number of free bottles (1 per person) ! So if anyone has info about this, let me know so I'll have time to adjust my attitude before arrival--lol

Of course, any other info about terminal 21 is still welcome as other folks may have different experiences.

Oh, here's another question: is the elite waiting area separate (like terminal 2) or just a roped-off area (like Seattle)?? Doesn't really matter, but I'm just curious!

Elites don't have their own area at Terminal 2. It's been re-modeled and accommodates all priority boarders.

Yes, I should have been more specific as I know of the remodel. I was just wondering if terminal 21 has an all-encompassing priority area (suite, elite, platinum) or just an area for suite/elite and platinum has a different area for their priority boarding but still separated from regular boarding pax. Also wondered if the area(s) are their own "rooms" or just roped off areas within the general boarding area.

I'm only just curious about this but not concerned as we always find our way onboard one way or the other! I have shared this thread with the Roll Call as some of them may want to know details.