Alternatives to Miami Cruise Port Parking

cruiser1323

You may get alternatives but I would not do any of them.

Safety is the key word.

The port of Miami allows not only for convenient parking but also it is safe.

Parking off site increases the risk of damage to your car and to a theft.

To me it is worth the money to park at the port. It only went up $2.00 a day and at $22.00 is more reasonable then many cities around the USA for parking at a port.

Keith

If you are driving down from upstate (or is it up from downstate?) your best alternative to paying for parking is a pair of one-way rental cars. Saves the wear and tear on your own vehicle as well as the worry of it sitting in a garage for however many days.

Because the Miami alternative to parking at the port usually involves spending disembarkation morning filing a police report for break in/vandalism/theft and/or your keys missing from the lot.

I don't think the amount saved in a week cruise is worth the hassle and lesser safety compared to parking at the port. Not only is your car not as safe, it will also take you longer time to get to the port and get into your car from the port. That has to be worth some money.

How much money could you save a day? $10? maybe? To me the $70-$80 is worth parking in a safe and very very easy location.

I am not aware of any alternatives, though I know there are some. You need to look them up online.

• 2 weeks later...

Red Roof Inn airport location has free parking and shuttle to cruise port if you stay 1 night. DH and I stayed the night before the cruise, had coffee, danish and fruit, jumped on the shuttle and got dropped off right in front of the Celebrity Reflection. Our car stayed in their fenced lot for the whole week we were on the cruise safe and sound. When we got back to cruise port we hopped a cab back to the Red Roof, jumped back in our car and drove back home to Nashville. All of this for the price of a room. Be sure to get on the list for the shuttle when you check in at the hotel. They do not offer a return shuttle but the cab fare was very reasonable.

We live in Satellite Beach and decided to do a pair of one way rentals with Alamo rather than drive our car and park. Ended up being cheaper than the parking as we did a b2b. Alamo offers a free shuttle to/from the port as long as you're either dropping off or renting that day. If you're only going for a week, I'd bite the bullet and park at the port.