A question about a Luminae cheese plate

Muushka

I had an allergic reaction to a cheese plate (I think) that was served from the dessert menu in Luminae. As soon as I ate it I knew there was going to be a problem. I stopped after a few bites.

It was the 2nd night on a 12 night cruise. I figured I could find the menus when I got home on the internet but had no luck. I believe that was the night they served seared cod and Moroccan chicken..

I suspect that the cheese was made of soy.

Can anyone who has dined or will dine in Luminae let me know what kind of cheese it was? I NEVER want to eat it again!

PS The allergic reaction was severe vomiting until everything was removed from my stomach, then I felt great!:)

My husband and I generally share a cheese plate when in Luminae. The cheese variety is listed on the menu, and I am not aware that any of them are soy based. Hopefully someone else will have a better answer, but at least my response will keep your question on page 1 of this forum a little longer.

Are you by chance allergic to mold? Blue cheese can be a problem.

No, sadly, soy.

Since you apparently never went back in the remaining 10 days of your cruise to investigate, any answer you get here would be only speculation. There is no set collection of cheeses they offer on any specific night cruise after cruise.

While on the cruise I attempted to find out from the maitre d, but he didn't give me the name of the cheese that was on the plate (it wasn't a cheese plate, it had some fruits, just one kind of cheese). He was so upset that I got sick I didn't want to push it.

You're probably right about set cheeses, that's probably why he couldn't tell me the name of it. I was thinking the name of the cheese might have been on the menu.

Hi,

Just of Constellation dining in Luminare and had the cheese plate several nights, this consisted of various types of cheeses served which included cheese made with both ewes milk and goats milk. However at no time was any cheese claimed to be made of soya. Perhaps it was a cheese made with ewes or goats milk that caused your illness? My only gripe on the dish were the soft crackers which seemed to be a problem no matter were you had them.

Harry.

Hi,

Just of Constellation dining in Luminare and had the cheese plate several nights, this consisted of various types of cheeses served which included cheese made with both ewes milk and goats milk. However at no time was any cheese claimed to be made of soya. Perhaps it was a cheese made with ewes or goats milk that caused your illness? My only gripe on the dish were the soft crackers which seemed to be a problem no matter were you had them.

Harry.

Interesting. Oh great, another thing to be allergic to!

Must be the ewe. (I know it isn't goat) EEWWWEE,:eek:

Interesting. Oh great, another thing to be allergic to!

Must be the ewe. (I know it isn't goat) EEWWWEE,:eek:

It is good that you didn't have to have your stomach contents pumped out or you would have been on EWE TUBE.:o