What differences can I expect?

Jasonmom

We (My mom and me) have been on around 18 cruises together. All of them on Carnival or NFL. Never had a bad cruise, but some better than others of course. We are scheduled to sail on Grandure of the Seas in April for a 12 day out of Baltimore. Cruised on the Carnival Pride earlier this year out of Baltimore and it was an ok cruise and the port is only 6 hour drive.

I am just wondering, what differences can I expect or look forward to by being on Royal Caribbean?

Sent from my SM-J327R4 using Forums mobile app

We are booked on the Grandeur next year also, so I have no experience with this particular ship...BUT...have been doing a little research. From what I have read...it is an older, smaller ship, with no bells and whistles (fine with us). BUT.....have read that the crew and food is very good. We are really sailing this ship for the itinerary and the low cost. I am sure we will have a wonderful time. We always do.

I am surprised you did not like the Pride. We really enjoyed that ship...and there is much more to do. There are many CC members that have cruised the Grandeur many times, and I am sure they will chime in when they wake up! :')

I LOVE the Pride. One of my favorite ships. Just other issues, such as a fight breaking out on the pool deck with a large group/family that my 74 year old mom got stuck in the middle of. She said there was staff that just kinda stood back with a dumb look on their faces and looked at the few that were hitting each other with their purses.

I LOVE the Pride. One of my favorite ships. Just other issues, such as a fight breaking out on the pool deck with a large group/family that my 74 year old mom got stuck in the middle of. She said there was staff that just kinda stood back with a dumb look on their faces and looked at the few that were hitting each other with their purses.

Yikes!!!!

We (My mom and me) have been on around 18 cruises together. All of them on Carnival or NFL. Never had a bad cruise, but some better than others of course. We are scheduled to sail on Grandure of the Seas in April for a 12 day out of Baltimore. Cruised on the Carnival Pride earlier this year out of Baltimore and it was an ok cruise and the port is only 6 hour drive.

I am just wondering, what differences can I expect or look forward to by being on Royal Caribbean?

Royal makes you check out pool towels on the pool deck. Any towel not returned by the end of the cruise is subject to a $25 per towel fee.

I have been on Carnival, Celebrity and most recently Royal Caribbean. I thought checking out towels and returning them would be a hassle, but it actually worked out fine. The lines were never very long and the best part was that people didn't save as many chairs and leave towels everywhere for the crew to pick up. Has anyone been charged for towels?

I have been on Carnival, Celebrity and most recently Royal Caribbean. I thought checking out towels and returning them would be a hassle, but it actually worked out fine. The lines were never very long and the best part was that people didn't save as many chairs and leave towels everywhere for the crew to pick up. Has anyone been charged for towels?

Yes, we've been charged for towels twice, each time by mistake.

What differences to expect on a smaller Royal ship? Nothing, really. The food options a little different I guess, maybe a little better entertainment on Royal, but largely the cruise experience is the same. If you want a real "difference" - then you need to go with the larger Royal ships. Give Oasis a try in the future to really feel the difference between the lines.

What differences to expect on a smaller Royal ship? Nothing, really. The food options a little different I guess, maybe a little better entertainment on Royal, but largely the cruise experience is the same. If you want a real "difference" - then you need to go with the larger Royal ships. Give Oasis a try in the future to really feel the difference between the lines.

Would like to try a newer / bigger ship, but the cost of this cruise was too good to pass up. Plus we can drive up the day before. No flights to figure out / pay for is awesome. When I was planning it came out about the same cost for 7day on bigger ship as driving and going on 12 day on Grandure.

Would like to try a newer / bigger ship, but the cost of this cruise was too good to pass up. Plus we can drive up the day before. No flights to figure out / pay for is awesome. When I was planning it came out about the same cost for 7day on bigger ship as driving and going on 12 day on Grandure.

Hard to pass up 12 vs 7, plus no flying is a huge bonus.

I have never sailed Carnival so I can't provide first hand insight. However, on Oasis 12/17, we sat at the same table with two couples, each traveling separately. Both lifelong cruisers who had been on just about every major cruise line. They were disappointed with Oasis and the food and both felt Carnival was just as good and provided a great value but thought Oasis had slightly better entertainment.

Not sure if that's helpful, and I know it's not firsthand knowledge, but both of these couples seemed to be quite experienced cruisers.

I was also told by literally every cruiser on the boat that Disney is hands down the best that's out there, even if you don't have kids. Judging by the prices and the fact that it's Disney and they have impreccable standards, this would not surprise me. I live in the Orlando area and Disney provides the best of the best of pretty much everything.

I made it a point this past sailing to seek out opinions of other cruisers and found it interesting to hear all of their experiences.

I was also told by literally every cruiser on the boat that Disney is hands down the best that's out there, even if you don't have kids. Judging by the prices and the fact that it's Disney and they have impreccable standards, this would not surprise me. I live in the Orlando area and Disney provides the best of the best of pretty much everything.

I made it a point this past sailing to seek out opinions of other cruisers and found it interesting to hear all of their experiences.

On what ship? A Disney ship? We've never sailed Disney but DS, DIL and DGS went on Disney when DGS was 6 and sailed on Voyager the following year. Much preferred Voyager.