Booking onboard for your next HAL cruise vs. 60 days out

Epicureangirl

Do you think I would be able to use the FCD against a cruise where the full payment is due? If I found a cruise 60 days out where I loved the itinerary, that could be the ultimate in combining the best price and still retaining OBC.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Have never done it, but can't see why it could not be used as part payment. I would hang on it to it until the next time I booked. The reduced deposit is very useful. You have four years to use it and if you don't it wiil be refunded.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I would hang on it to it until the next time I booked. The reduced deposit is very useful. You have four years to use it and if you don't it wiil be refunded.

I was assuming that I would need to use the certificate to get my OBC for the sailing I purchased. Does that sound right? I was also counting on being able to buy another certificate for my next cruise. [emoji6] It sounds like a great plan to me! [emoji1303]

I was assuming that I would need to use the certificate to get my OBC for the sailing I purchased. Does that sound right? I was also counting on being able to buy another certificate for my next cruise. [emoji6] It sounds like a great plan to me! [emoji1303]

I agree you will only get the OBC at the time of using the deposit. I like your plan.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• 1 month later...

I just wanted to follow up with a big THANK YOU to all of you here. On my past cruise, I did buy the FCC's, and have already used two of them to book another HAL cruise. Getting my ZPM promotion as well.

I will also be buying some more FCC's on this next cruise -- they are very useful.

Now I am looking into the possibility of transferring this to a PCC in another agency for even more perks, but that is a whole other process that I'm exploring.

Thanks for the follow up. Transfer to a TA is relatively straight forward. I have not had good luck with a PCC, as they were not Interested if I was to transfer. Yet I know others have.

I was also curious if I now have to only approach Canadian Travel Agencies, or if I can contact some of the high-volume cruise TA's in the States. I am curious what will happen so will give it a go. It isn't much effort for me to send out a few emails.

I am unclear on the PCC vs. TA -- I thought PCC was just a fancy title a TA would give themselves if they consider themselves knowledgable in cruise vacations! :confused:

Thanks!

I was also curious if I now have to only approach Canadian Travel Agencies, or if I can contact some of the high-volume cruise TA's in the States. I am curious what will happen so will give it a go. It isn't much effort for me to send out a few emails.

I am unclear on the PCC vs. TA -- I thought PCC was just a fancy title a TA would give themselves if they consider themselves knowledgable in cruise vacations! :confused:

Thanks!

A PCC stands for Personal Cruise consultant. They work for HAL and only do HAL cruises. Some are darn excellent and others so-so,, at best. Just like TA's, some are better than others.

PCC's give you the ability to talk to one person, the same person all the time rather than end up talking to different people at HAL all the time.

Unlike TA's, they can't offer any special benefits, OBC's or discounts. It's just what HAL offers.

But some of them are truly wonderful and many feel they have more control over their reservation.

Others start with their PCC and then transfer to a TA for added OBC, discounts, benefits, whatever before final payment.

I just wanted to follow up with a big THANK YOU to all of you here. On my past cruise, I did buy the FCC's, and have already used two of them to book another HAL cruise. Getting my ZPM promotion as well.

I will also be buying some more FCC's on this next cruise -- they are very useful.

Now I am looking into the possibility of transferring this to a PCC in another agency for even more perks, but that is a whole other process that I'm exploring.

Epicurean Girl, what is ZPM promo?

Epicurean Girl, what is ZPM promo?

Not whom you asked but a ZPM (and it might have another code now too) is simply a code for booking a cruise within 60 days for returning from one.

HAL sends an email to some inviting them, but whether you get the email or not, you can take advantage of it. It basically doubles the OBC you are entitled to with your FCD OBC.

Do you think I would be able to use the FCD against a cruise where the full payment is due? If I found a cruise 60 days out where I loved the itinerary, that could be the ultimate in combining the best price and still retaining OBC.

Yes, it is possible to do this. A couple of weeks ago my husband and I booked a cruise with a March embarkation date. We were allowed to apply a couple of FCDs (that were about to expire) to the booking and then immediately paid the remaining balance with a credit card.

Edited by polySeraph

You most definitely can use a FCD towards final payment even if you book a week or two prior to sailing.

I did it last year. I think I booked a cruise that was 70 days out after I had been home 55 days. I got the OBC from the FCC and the ZPM offer.