Crossing 12 Ave at Manhattan Pier

carribbeanmic

Looking to stay a hotel in walking distance to the pier. Looking at the street view on Google Maps it looks like the pier has a fence that prohibits pedestrian entrance to embarcation entrance for the entire length. On foot do you have to enter at the beginning where the vehicles enter at the beginning of the pier?

You can look at Google Earth street views and see the huge 88 for the entrance of the pier and cross the street right there.

What is your walking distance? I've walked with large bag rolling behind me from 42nd Street and Broadway to the pier, it's up to you what you consider walking distance.

If the hotel is within walking distance to the pier, the taxi fare might very well be less than the cost of the damage done to your rolling luggage by trundling it over N Y sidewalks, over curbs and across streets. Those little wheels and their fittings were really designed for smooth airport floors.

• 2 weeks later...
On our last cruise out of NY we walked up the bike path from 42nd Street. On a good weather day, it’s a nice trip. As you probably know, NYC is a very pedestrian friendly city.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

don't walk in the bike lanes. There is a pedestrian lane- use that.