First Cruise tomorrow: Ruby Princess

Mcrosby57

I’m sure this has been asked and discussed over and over but I’m running short on time as I’m packing now to leave or the hotel for the night. Our plane leaves or LA at 6:45 AM. My question: What is the hairdryer like in the rooms? We are on the Baja Deck at the back of the boat. I can throw in my own hairdryer if the one provided is wimpy or is the kind you have to hold the button to keep it on. Quick answers are appreciated. We are trying this out and if we like cruising, we want to do one of the longer Baltic cruises in the summer of 2019. Thanks, in advance for the help!!!

Have a great time! I think the provided blow dryer (above the desk area) works just fine, I wouldn't pack one.

But when you meet the Captain, please don't call the ship a boat, He/she started out on boats and worked their way up to ships. :D

I’m sure this has been asked and discussed over and over but I’m running short on time as I’m packing now to leave or the hotel for the night. Our plane leaves or LA at 6:45 AM. My question: What is the hairdryer like in the rooms? We are on the Baja Deck at the back of the boat. I can throw in my own hairdryer if the one provided is wimpy or is the kind you have to hold the button to keep it on. Quick answers are appreciated. We are trying this out and if we like cruising, we want to do one of the longer Baltic cruises in the summer of 2019. Thanks, in advance for the help!!!

The hair dryer is not strong enough for my hair. I always bring my hair dryer.

I believe you have to hold down the button for it to work also it is attached in drawer.

On the Pacific, it's in the bathroom. No button to hold. Very weak.

On the Royal class, the dry may be in the drawer, but never seen any posts about having to hold the button.

On all other ships, it's hanging on the wall above the desk. No button to hold.

This has been my experience on 10 different ships. YMMV

On the Pacific, it's in the bathroom. No button to hold. Very weak.

On the Royal class, the dry may be in the drawer, but never seen any posts about having to hold the button.

On all other ships, it's hanging on the wall above the desk. No button to hold.

This has been my experience on 10 different ships. YMMV

The buttons on the Regal & Royal have to be held down to work. The other ships do not (except possibly the Pacific)

Thanks for all the quick replies! I’m not packing my dryer. I’ll get by with what they give us. I’m not a daily hair washer, anyway, so for a couple days, not worth it. I’ll throw in my flat iron and touch up, if needed on most days.