Carnival Magic Review: Christmas Cruise

We are military that were stationed in Europe last year. During a particularly cold day last winter I booked us a Christmas cruise and it’s finally here! Magic out of Port Canaveral visiting Cozumel, Belize, Roatan, and Costa Maya. We are traveling as a family with three boys ages 6, 9, & 10. This is our 6th Cruise in as many years. Lots of pictures to follow!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We are on the Magic again in March (3rd time and just recently got off) for same itinerary as you before she leaves PC :(....only 96 more days before we are on her again, this itinerary is fun and it has been a few years since our last cruise to the west...cannot wait!!!!

Merry Christmas from Cozumel! So far the cruise is going great, doesn’t seem as crowded as I expected even though I’m told there are 5000 on board with 1000 being kids!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Someone on another group is saying there’s a huge flu outbreak on the magic right now with over 600 sick? True or false?

Someone on another group is saying there’s a huge flu outbreak on the magic right now with over 600 sick? True or false?

We were on the 12/2 sailing and my fiance came down with the flu on the second to last night, she was diagnosed when we got home. I know about 10-15 from the other sites group that were sick as well.

Okay back to the review!

We had purchased faster to the fun and selected a check-in time of 11-11:30. We arrive at the post on time and the traffic was a bit chaotic as a ton of people were still leaving but once we actually got into the parking garage the check-in process was smooth and we were on board by noon.

We had checked our luggage except for a small bag each for my husband and me with important documents and our swimsuits, sunscreen, etc. We headed straight to the Pig & Anchor on deck 5 for lunch-we LOVE that place and it's only open the first day and sea days so we try to go every chance we get. It wasn't crowded the first day but definitely was on the sea days!

After lunch it was to the Lido for a cocktail and swimming! We always purchase Cheers and this cruise it was even better with specialty coffees, sodas, and water bottles included too. Great improvement! Waterworks was a big hit with the kids as always!

Our room was ready by 1:30, I dropped our bags and grabbed towels for the kids while my husband stayed up at the Waterworks.

We were on the 12/2 sailing and my fiance came down with the flu on the second to last night, she was diagnosed when we got home. I know about 10-15 from the other sites group that were sick as well.

We were on the 12/16-23 sailing. Hubby and I got sick on the 25th and are still miserable. Didn't see as many employees cleaning the handrails as we do on other Carnival ships, and each night someone at our table of 12 seemed to have the sniffles or didn't show up for dinner because they weren't feeling well. Hope they can get this bug under control.

Muster went smoothly and was held in the dining rooms-so much better than having to stand on the decks forever all squished up! Then it was time for the sail away party! I always hit up the spa raffle so I was pleased they held it at 5pm instead of 4 like my previous cruises so I could be at the sail away party with my family.

There was a Christmas tree lighting and singalong at 5:45 that was great-Dr. E was our cruise director and it was our second time with him, he's our favorite. We sang carols and then it "snowed" which I thought was great, I had been looking forward to it after reading it on other's reviews.