Plans may have to change - Regal Question

mek

I'm currently booked on a 15 nt. TA on Brilliance OTS in April. I just found out I may have a date conflict with work so I might have to reschedule for the September W bound sailing -it's a great itinerary with 4 nts. in Ireland.

If I don't go on the TA in April I'm looking for something to fill-in the void - probably mid March and found a great deal on a balcony guarantee on Regal Princess. I don't mind an obstruction as long as the view isn't completely blocked - are there any lifeboats that are higher than the railing or anything else that would block most of the view? The price is right, so I'm willing to compromise a little, but I'm not interested in completely obstructed.

mek...some balconies are partially obstructed by life boats and/or stanchions; some only have solid metal railings instead of the standard clear blue plexiglass railings.

Here’s a link to photos of obstructions for most of the Regal/Royal obstructed view balcony cabins.

https://sites.google.com/site/royalregalprincess/home

Edited by Astro Flyer

BV and DV, midships on Emerald, are completely unobstructed other than a roof below you. No lifeboats below, no stanchion. We were in a DV for September’s TA it was quite the bargain..

Those are hidden gems with some having larger balconies & we have BV cabins booked on two cruises. There are also some others aft with no obstruction looking outwards & some forward with very large balconies with solid metal railings.

I will be booking a guarantee, so no telling what I'll get - the last three aft lifeboats appear to be higher that the ones forward and it's hard to tell just how high from the picture.

I will be booking a guarantee, so no telling what I'll get - the last three aft lifeboats appear to be higher that the ones forward and it's hard to tell just how high from the picture.

Thanks AstroFlyer. I forgot to mention the extended balconies. For the OP, guarantees can usually be booked at any level. So if you book a BV guarantee, you won’t be in a BW or lower which are somewhat more obstructed. And you may well end up in a non-obstructed room. In any event, there are no rooms with a fully obstructed view, unlike some of the obstructed oceanview rooms on other ships.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh, I know I can book a guarantee in any cat, but I'm only interested in the lowest price - it shows up as a BY obstructed balcony. As no cabins are available for this price, I have no idea where that cat is normally located,(or it might be a special promotional cat.) I suppose I could look at a future date and see what shows up, but I honestly don't care. This is will just be a quick get away.

I'm currently booked on a 15 nt. TA on Brilliance OTS in April. I just found out I may have a date conflict with work so I might have to reschedule for the September W bound sailing -it's a great itinerary with 4 nts. in Ireland.

If I don't go on the TA in April I'm looking for something to fill-in the void - probably mid March and found a great deal on a balcony guarantee on Regal Princess. I don't mind an obstruction as long as the view isn't completely blocked - are there any lifeboats that are higher than the railing or anything else that would block most of the view? The price is right, so I'm willing to compromise a little, but I'm not interested in completely obstructed.

Some are more than others.

The “obstructed” balconies on Emerald deck aft of the aft elevators (in the 700’s) are actually unobstructed. Ie had E701 and there was no obstruction unless you were looking directly forward.

The BY cabins are just ahead of the aft elevators. There are eight of them, E626 to E702. It looks like the first pair are right at the end of a life boat (slight obstruction), with the remaining three pairs aft of the life boats.

Interestingly, the deck plans now posted effective April of 2019 have all the obstructed categories on Emerald combined. BV, BW, and BY all become BW and DV and DW all become DW.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

we were in E502 and E332 and the view from both was this:

25299637_1618103651581815_8377030334536091290_o.jpg?oh=93b85895a12737196f661c31ff9bd9fe&oe=5ABCB41E

That view is perfectly fine with me. I may have a problem with the Sep TA - it apparently is almost sold out and there is only one balcony left and the price is way more than the April TA that I'm currenlty booked on, so now I have a mess on my hands. I really wanted to go to Ireland. Bummer.

I put a hold on Regal Princess, which will give me a little time to try to figure it all out.

Where are you looking to board the Sept TA? It board four different dates/places with different availability from each: Copenhagen for 25 days (final Baltic B2B with the TA), Warnemunde for 22 days, St. Petersburg for 18 days, and Copenhagen for 14 days (just the TA). Very little inventory is allocated to Warnemunde and St. Petersburg based on past experience. I see lots of obstructed balconies from Copenhagen for the 14 days.

Mek, there are a few very desireable UN-obstructed that are shown as obstructed balconies.

I haven't read the whole thread...

Which sailing in March???

- we just canceled the last sailing in Feb. : (

Anyhow, We had E405, a very nice Deluxe Balcony, with a larger Extended balcony.

It is really UN-obstructed.

There are a few mid-ship, and I think maybe AFT balconies on the Regal that are not really obstructed.

Look for those.

Happy sailing! : )

Edited by Wishing on a star

Where are you looking to board the Sept TA? It board four different dates/places with different availability from each: Copenhagen for 25 days (final Baltic B2B with the TA), Warnemunde for 22 days, St. Petersburg for 18 days, and Copenhagen for 14 days (just the TA). Very little inventory is allocated to Warnemunde and St. Petersburg based on past experience. I see lots of obstructed balconies from Copenhagen for the 14 days.

My TA is on Brilliance of the Seas, not Princess. There are two sailings that primarily go to Ireland - the April one I'm currently on and the September one that I wish I could book.

There are three of these cabins I am seeing on the March 11 sailing...

E405 again, E407, and E417

For a little bit higher fare, I am seeing these on the March 4 Eastern Caribbean

E405, E415, and E417

Thanks to everyone trying to help, but although I have a lot of vacation each year I'm involved in major projects with work right now and the dates I can get away before the end of April are really limited. Nothing will work before the middle of March either.

Great news - I worked it out! I found a 15 nt. TA on X that doesn't sail until April 15th with basically the same itinerary except it begins in Miami instead of Tampa and ends in Dublin rather than Amsterdam. So happy because I really wanted to go to Ireland. Those two extra weeks in April will make all of the difference and I can finish my work projects before I leave. Doing the happy dance! :D