Final payment due

sandbag7

18 hours ago, Peregrina651 said:

Wendy, there are some longer cruise itineraries  that have a different payment plan and a different cancellation policy.

Yeah, well I'm thinking about their world cruises specifically.  I would hate to pay that amount of money any more than a year in advance.  Anyone know what the payment/cancellation schedule is for these cruises?

2 hours ago, Wendy The Wanderer said:

Yeah, well I'm thinking about their world cruises specifically.  I would hate to pay that amount of money any more than a year in advance.  Anyone know what the payment/cancellation schedule is for these cruises?

Look on the website in the Terms and Conditions (link in the footer of any page) for the cancellation policy. For the payment policy, go to the world cruise itinerary, to the dates and pricing tab and scroll down to where it says Booking terms and conditions.

For cruises of over 35 days, which include the World Cruises the T&C do not list a specific final payment date. The final payment is based on the particular offer that Viking has posted.

Cancellation is $1,000 pp for cancellation received more that 181 days before departure.

Clearly Viking sells out many itineraries very very quickly. These forward bookings though, were made under the old payment policy. The impact of the new policy is only just coming into play so I do wonder if in 12 months time that as many cruises will be sold out 2 years in advance. 

4 hours ago, Pushka said:

Clearly Viking sells out many itineraries very very quickly. These forward bookings though, were made under the old payment policy. The impact of the new policy is only just coming into play so I do wonder if in 12 months time that as many cruises will be sold out 2 years in advance. 

Excellent point!

If we had the flexibility I would book around 6 months out.  I have a list of places I would love to visit.