10 days of Dining Delightfulness - Caribbean Princess (November 20 2017)

meatloafsfan

Great review, thank you and fantastic pics.

Could you tell me if you had to request the birthday cake for your Dad and if so how did you go about it? Our daughter has a birthday when we are onboard.

You can enter Birthdays/Anniversaries/Celebrations in the cruise Presonalizer and should receive a card in your room.

On our last cruise, it was DH's birthday and the card didn't show up. We mentioned it to our waiter & brought a cake anyway. A couple of days later, the card showed up. We told the waiter we finally got the card & he wanted to give us another cake!! No thanks, one was plenty.:D

• 1 month later...

Okay, so I dropped the ball on this review - but I'm back and going to power through and finish.

The descriptions might not be as expansive as before but you'll see lots of good food.

So another dining room lunch:

My dad started with the pasta with white sauce and peas. This was okay but he didn't like it as much as his nightly Alfredo.

38297831294_47ac90e17f_c.jpg

I had the Muffelato Sandwich - now this is something to write home about. From the bread to the variety of filling to the crispy, hot fries - perfection.

38297827604_7103bb03eb_c.jpg

My mom started with a salad which had bits of chicken in it with her choice of dressing (which is almost always blue cheese).

39013762931_422a7280dd_c.jpg

And I order the spanakopita to share. This was good - though the hardboiled eggs in the white sauce kind of threw me off - I've not had it served that way before.

25143567068_14fec345c0_c.jpg

My mother wasn't feeling up to dinner so it was just my dad and I.

I started with the Greek salad which was one of the Club Class dining offerings:

38296970054_0ea770447b_c.jpg

My dad had his standards of shrimp cocktail and Alfredo.

For entrees we both enjoyed the chef's special of surf and turf:

38296967304_4ed4da8cbc_c.jpg

38296964384_e85ab26909_c.jpg

And since my dad knew he only wanted the turf and not the surf part (which he gave to me - so yay double lobster), he also ordered the pork chop.

38296965194_219a8d4f8b_c.jpg

I ordered some kind of chocolate dessert but can't remember at this point what it was:

38977394872_b0098be8bf_c.jpg

Lunch the following day was at the international café for my mom and I so no pictures; my dad was off on a tour in Grand Cayman and he hit the buffet on his return.

Dinner was again in the MDR.

I started with the seafood pasta (Club Class offering).

38297774514_127fcff8be_c.jpg

While my mother had the eggplant

38297770494_15ccc905a1_c.jpg

And a salad

24150113747_4ce82fcc6c_c.jpg

And for my dad - you guessed it

24150106347_7ca318167a_c.jpg

For entrees I had the airline chicken breast which was fantastic - juicy chicken with a light gravy.

39013703281_de2181c5d0_c.jpg

My mom ordered the shrimp and scallops in the mashed potatoes - I should have told her to order 2 - this was small and more of an appetizer size.

39013700291_e4370c0846_c.jpg

My dad started with the veal scallopini which he didn't like at all.

24150091477_736b004d93_c.jpg

So he changed it for the beef pot roast which was much more to his liking.

24150084707_38f7758eff_c.jpg

Thanks for the foodie review. I was on the cruise shortly before you, in a window suite, with club class dining. Loved it. It will be very difficult to do without any of these perks when I cruise again. Did they fix the waffle iron in Sabatini's?

Thanks for the foodie review. I was on the cruise shortly before you, in a window suite, with club class dining. Loved it. It will be very difficult to do without any of these perks when I cruise again. Did they fix the waffle iron in Sabatini's?
It wasn't fixed before we left the ship. We ended up going to the MDR because the selection and service there were great for us since no waffles at Sabatini's.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

Awesome pics, can't wait for my Emerald cruise. I was on the Royal last Fall, some of the best meals I've ever had on a ship. Everyone at the table was happy every night. I had one dinner I wasn't 100%, short ribs or something, wait staff was concerned, I told them I wasn't. I've read some of the negative food reviews, long cruise on Regal in 2016, on the Royal 2017 and food was very good. I actually felt it was upgraded from my 2013 and 2014 cruises (and I'm not saying the food on those was bad, just the last 2 cruises were a step above).

It wasn't fixed before we left the ship. We ended up going to the MDR because the selection and service there were great for us since no waffles at Sabatini's.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

The waffle iron has been out of commission since November 1, 2017. I can't imagine that it is a very expensive replacement. I was told they had one or two in the buffet. Guess it wasn't on Santa's list. Come on, now....how hard would it be to get a new one?

You can enter Birthdays/Anniversaries/Celebrations in the cruise Presonalizer and should receive a card in your room.

On our last cruise, it was DH's birthday and the card didn't show up. We mentioned it to our waiter & brought a cake anyway. A couple of days later, the card showed up. We told the waiter we finally got the card & he wanted to give us another cake!! No thanks, one was plenty.:D

It has been our experience that the card does not appear in our stateroom until just a day or so before we had indicated the special day. I can see them bringing out the cake when requested however and then wanting to do it again.

Funny story on another cruise line, DW had a birthday and we had ATD. We went to a specialty dining option to celebrate that day and they asked us if we had a celebration. They brought out the cake and the "singers" which was nice. Next night in the MDR they did it again which the DW ate up. Now forward to the next night in the MDR and you guessed it, they did it again and again the DW ate it up. I made a few well placed comments that enough was enough and they did not do it again.