San Juan

I will be visiting San Juan in February on Harmony. From what I have read, there are 2 piers there. Will I be going to the "better" one in which we can walk around and shop? There are not many excursions. What is there to do in walking distance? Thanks!

You will be stopping at one of the piers in Old San Juan.

Check the port of call forum for excursion ideas: https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=131

Good Morning, the ships in for the day use the Pan American pier in Old San Juan The ships that leave on cruises to and from SJ use the pier across the bay from there. It can change when there is more ships in port.

I hope this helps. Easy walk around Old San Juan to forts and all areas.

Good Morning, the ships in for the day use the Pan American pier in Old San Juan The ships that leave on cruises to and from SJ use the pier across the bay from there. It can change when there is more ships in port.

I hope this helps. Easy walk around Old San Juan to forts and all areas.

The Pan American Pier is the name of the one across the bay next to the small airport, mostly used for embarkation etc.

Not meaning to high jack this thread... however, are there any hotels on near the embarkation pier?

Not really within walking distance, but it is fairly close to the airport, and an easy uber or cab ride to plenty of hotels. We stayed in Old San Juan (hotel Miramar) for a few days pre cruise and on ISLA Verde (right on the beach near the airport) for a night post cruise.