Inside cabin differences

Jemnibabe

Main difference is the door opens directly into cabin area in parallel cabins, regular insides have more of a hallway before entering main cabin.

If you do a search using "sideways" instead of parallel you will find pros and cons to those cabins. I like the sideways because it gives extra storage, desk area is longer, but I travel alone so the door opening into cabin area doesn't bother me.

Main difference is the door opens directly into cabin area in parallel cabins, regular insides have more of a hallway before entering main cabin.

If you do a search using "sideways" instead of parallel you will find pros and cons to those cabins. I like the sideways because it gives extra storage, desk area is longer, but I travel alone so the door opening into cabin area doesn't bother me.

Thank you so very much.

There is a good video review of a Sideways Inside Cabin on youtube, I think this one is on the Regal.

They appear to be, and feel, a bit more spacious. But, I wonder if one drawback might be the ventilation, with the bathroom being on the far side of the cabin instead of right at the entry door.

To us, the sideways ones are far superior. In the standard rooms, it is very cramped near the desk - so cramped that there really isn't room to sit in the chair that is provided in front of the desk.

There is also more room in front of the closets.

The thing to watch out for between interiors is, however, if they have 4 berths or 2. The 4 berth rooms have upper beds above the regular bed, and although they are folded up against the wall, they still stick out about 4 or 5 inches. It still takes me getting up out of bed once or twice and cracking my head on the upper bunk before I am trained for the journey to keep my head away from the wall when I get up.

Don

Here’s a link to photos of an interior sideways cabin for two.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=45399989&posted=1#post45399989

Once we got a free upgrade to an oceanview cabin on a month long cruise which was a quad & would never do it again.

To reduce the risk of hitting our heads on the closed upper bunks, we had the bed split into twins. Now I always check the Princess deck plans & request a cabin for 4 to see which are quads. When checking actual cabin availability on a cruise, often the quads are the last ones remaining & like in our situation are given with a complimentary upgrade.

Edited by Astro Flyer

There is a good video review of a Sideways Inside Cabin on youtube, I think this one is on the Regal.

They appear to be, and feel, a bit more spacious. But, I wonder if one drawback might be the ventilation, with the bathroom being on the far side of the cabin instead of right at the entry door.

In our sideways cabin on the Caribbean Princess, the bathroom was by the hallway. From the entry door, the bed was on the right with the vanity desk by the wall along the hallway. On the left was an island top with the ref underneath and some drawers. The closets were on the opposite side of the island top with the bathroom at the end by the hallway going back to the direction of the hallway and door.