Reflection Signature or Celebrity suite??

Brookefairway

The signature suite costs more than the Celebrity Suite because of additional amenities such as unlimited specialty dining, unlimited internet, premium beverage package, etc. Here's a link to Celebrity's web site that describes the various suites.

https://www.celebritycruises.com/things-to-do-onboard/staterooms/suite-class/signature-suite

Sleeping arrangements would be a sofa bed.

The signature suite costs more than the Celebrity Suite because of additional amenities such as unlimited specialty dining, unlimited internet, premium beverage package, etc. Here's a link to Celebrity's web site that describes the various suites.

https://www.celebritycruises.com/things-to-do-onboard/staterooms/suite-class/signature-suite

Sleeping arrangements would be a sofa bed.

I have stayed in both and I think the third person would be more comfortable in a Celebrity Suite. The Signature Suite has somewhat of a strange setup with the closet right outside the bathroom.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I have stayed in both and I think the third person would be more comfortable in a Celebrity Suite. The Signature Suite has somewhat of a strange setup with the closet right outside the bathroom.

Just stayed in Signature Suite and have had adult kids in Celebrity suite before while we were next door in RS. Agree difference in price is because of unlimited specialty dining, fridge filled with drinks of your choice (beer and soda), two bottles of alcohol etc etc. and don’t forget the hot tub on the balcony in the SS with shower and private hallway to the SS that requires card access.

Problem with SS is the tall tub, same in CS to access shower. In SS the kids club is right over your head (ask me how I know?!). Not a problem if few kids onboard. Problem of noise on the holiday week we were onboard. Not complaining-kids need a place to play, but if you want peace and quiet-know what is over your head.

No full height table in either (except on balcony if weather is nice).

Sofas make into beds as needed.

My preference is the RS for lots of reasons (now that I have experience with all) but your mileage may vary. Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I agree (also having stayed in both) that the Celebrity suite would be a better choice. But as to the closets in the Signature suites, there is actually another closet in the area outside the bedroom, as well as many drawers for storage.

I am currently booked in a Signature Suite on the Reflection. We stayed previously in a RS on the Silhouette. I am trying to figure out if it is silly not to book a Celebrity Suite (only two of us). The price is almost $1,300 less per person. Now that all suites are getting all four perks (internet, premium bev package, tips, OBC)...why the price difference? Is laundry the other perk in the SS? Just trying to figure out if we can even manage to eat our way through the $2,600 difference in 11 nights! :) Please share opinions since I have never stayed in a SS or CS....have to say the RS experience spoiled the heck out of us!

Yes, sailing in a Royal Suite will spoil you. 😉

Signature suites and above receive a full bar set up, mini fridge refills, free laundry services and unlimited specialty dining in addition to the four perks you mentioned. We enjoyed eating in the specialty restaurants, not only for dinner, but lunch as well (when they were open for lunch). On the Reflection we were informed that if a specialty restaurant had a special dining event with an upcharge, it was included in our unlimited dining package.

The Signature suites have a totally different decor which we prefer over the Celebrity suites, but you are correct, there is a significant price difference.

Yes, sailing in a Royal Suite will spoil you. 😉

On the Reflection we were informed that if a specialty restaurant had a special dining event with an upcharge, it was included in our unlimited dining package.

Interesting, we've sailed in a RS on our last 3 cruises and this was never mentioned, but we never asked. Will have to check this out in February on Silhouette.

We were on the Silhouette in the RS last September and were told conflicting things about the upcharge meals. At the Porch we were told we could have anything we wanted, not so at Murano for the whole lobster or special Indian meal at Qsine. I will try to get this figured out this week. I will ask the Concierge.

As far as the price difference between the CS and SS, the CS is a much larger suite...and even if we tried to eat at a specialty restaurant as much as possible, just don't see us eating or doing laundry that would cost $2,600 in 11 days. Just wondering if the SS price is not a good value when the special with 4 perks is being advertised for all the suites. Now, if I could get into a RS for the price of the SS, then that would be great!

Interesting, we've sailed in a RS on our last 3 cruises and this was never mentioned, but we never asked. Will have to check this out in February on Silhouette.

Perhaps this varies by ship, but I would hope not, considering the prices of the upper suites.

There was a special luncheon in Murano with musical entertainment which we attended and were not charged. There was also a special dinner event at the Lawn Club Grille which was included but since we had done a similar dinner on a previous cruise, we decided to pass.

C-Dragons, I took your original post about special meals to mean a Wine Dinner or Chef's Table. Did not think about lunch in the specialties, but I knew about them being included in a RS. The one time we tried to book Murano's for lunch it was cancelled for lack of reservations. We enjoyed the Lawn Club burger instead. My DH did have to pay for the upcharge steak in Tuscan.

Curious, we were never informed of any upcharges in the specialty dining restaurants.

The luncheon we attended in Murano was full, perhaps because we were on a TA sailing.

Apparently everything was included in the unlimited dining package, including the gratuity, as we were never presented with a bill at any of the restaurants. This made for an awkward moment the first time because we were going to use our OBC to leave tips for the wait staff. Discussing the matter with our waiter, he told us that the only way to do that would be to personally hand them cash.

My DH did have to pay for the upcharge steak in Tuscan.

Just another inconsistency - last RS we didn't pay the upcharge in Tuscan either time we ate there.

My attitude is expect to pay, and be pleasantly surprised if you don't.

We did not care for the upcharge steak at Tuscan so would not order it again, even if free. On our February cruise we plan to eat in the specialty restaurants every night. We've had the same Luminae menu on our last 3 cruises because they were all 7 days, including a B2B. I wish they would rotate them.