Pictures of blue label or other good alcohol from islands

gotallanswers

Blue label what? Do you mean JW?

Are you only interested in blends :o or single malts as well?

Which islands are you referring to?

By lower prices on board, are you asking about purchases in the duty free store, or drinks at the bar?

And what pictures? Why do you want pictures of bottles of booze? You can Google images of any brand in the world.

Booze prices are no longer a bargain, in the Caribbean, with a few exceptions. The best deals are generally local products such as fine Rums. As to Scotch (single malt or blends) we seldom find very good deals. But there is a small liquor store in St Maarten (right on the main street in town) called Gilmohars which is owned by a delightful Indian family who has a passion for scotch. The owner has a goal of having every type scotch that is made and they have come close. We know they suffered damage during the hurricane so not sure when they will have their complete inventory back on the shelves. That being said, you will not save a lot of money...although the more expensive the product the better the savings.

I am a lover of great scotch and cognacs...but in recent years (such as our recent 21 days in the Caribbean) come back with no booze because the small savings do not justify the hassle.

Hank

Bought Glenfiddich 19 year old single malt in St. Maarten last February at a small store on Front St. Paid $100 cash. It isn't available in US>

Have heard of that bottling but never tried it. That is why I did mention Gilhomar's since that is the reason I shop in that little store.....where I can often find something that is not available in the US...or very hard to find at home.

Hank

P.S. So how was the scotch. Does it capture some bourbon flavor?

Have heard of that bottling but never tried it. That is why I did mention Gilhomar's since that is the reason I shop in that little store.....where I can often find something that is not available in the US...or very hard to find at home.

Hank

P.S. So how was the scotch. Does it capture some bourbon flavor?

It's a red wine cask scotch. I gave it to SIL for Christmas. Don't know if he has sampled it yet. I'm not a scotch drinker. Closest I come to it is Drambuie.