I'm so confused...where am I docking?

mitsugirly

Another question. We will be on Celebrity Silhouette for a port call on 17 January 2018--along with 2 Carnival ships and a RC ship. Is there a site to see where each ship will be docked that day? I don't see pier #'s/names on the WhatsinPort site.Thank you.

We've only sailed out of San Juan on Carnival, but I think I can help with your question. I'm 99.9% certain that Royal Caribbean uses the Pan American Pier for cruises originating in San Juan (embarkation/debarkation). When RCI ships are in San Juan on port stops, then they can use the Old San Juan piers.

On our last cruise out of San Juan (Sept. 2015), I got this picture as we flew in. You can see both the Old San Juan piers and the Pan American piers, which I've labeled. In the picture you can see a ship, RCI's Adventure of the Seas, docked at the Pan Am pier (embarkation day, for 8PM sail away that same evening).

enhance

Thanks for the picture! We are flying in for an RCL on the Jewel in March. This is a great reference for me. I've looked at the google map a thousand times, but this brings it all into perspective. Thanks a ton.

I have been informed that the base rate was for 3 people and each additional person was $1. There is also a fee of $1 per piece of luggage.

Either way, it works for us because we have 3 in our family so good to know.

Exactly this. It was a very easy and smooth process.

Yea, we have flown in before and had a easy process getting out of the airport, but last time we rented a car so this will be a new experience for us taking a cab. Anyone know if Lyft or Uber is a better/cheaper way to go?

We had a late flight out of SJU after our cruise so we used that day to explore OSJ. We absolutely loved it! We walked around for hours exploring before our flight home.

Us too but we didn't get to do everything we wanted. There's just so much to see and do and we love it there. I may end up deciding to actually stay an extra day just to be able to do more. :D

Thanks for the picture! We are flying in for an RCL on the Jewel in March. This is a great reference for me. I've looked at the google map a thousand times, but this brings it all into perspective. Thanks a ton.

You are very welcome and glad this picture helped.