Internet Plans

bafinegan

Its been over a year since our last cruise and wanted to check with recent cruisers. Can the internet plans still be purchased day by day? Or are they for the length of the entire cruise now.

I only want access 2-3 times during our 7 day Glory cruise and don't want to purchase fro the entire week unless necessary.

Thanks so much in advance for your assistance!

baf

Its been over a year since our last cruise and wanted to check with recent cruisers. Can the internet plans still be purchased day by day? Or are they for the length of the entire cruise now.

I only want access 2-3 times during our 7 day Glory cruise and don't want to purchase fro the entire week unless necessary.

Thanks so much in advance for your assistance!

baf

Yes they can be purchased day by day.

FYI: I had the option of purchasing a prepaid Internet package for all 4 days of a cruise. I opted out and ended up paying day by day for 3 days. I realized that the prices on board are a bit more and I ended up spending equivalent of a prepaid 4 day plan. Again fyi.

Sent from my E5663 using Tapatalk

:D We were on the Sunshine in Nov. and I paid for 3 days at $16. a day. That's all we needed. The worst internet service I have ever had. I thought the idea was to compete with land based vacation that mostly offer free internet service. Guess I was wrong.

I works if you are wiling to wait a while for each page to come up.:(

:D We were on the Sunshine in Nov. and I paid for 3 days at $16. a day. That's all we needed. The worst internet service I have ever had. I thought the idea was to compete with land based vacation that mostly offer free internet service. Guess I was wrong.

I don't think that is the idea at all, but to add an additional convenience over the previous pay by the minute plans. This is satellite service and inherently slower than land internet.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Internet service through sat-link (satellite) works best when you're the only one on it.

Can I ask you, being that you've been on many cruises according to your signature, have there been any cruises you've been on where the internet service was just as good as cellular or wifi service on land?

On the Social Wi-Fi Plan ($5 USD per day)...does this mean I can purchase for just one

day? All I need to do is check in and print my SW boarding passes on the last day.

I don't have a smart phone...I just have a cheap prepaid phone so using my phone for this is not going to work.

On the Social Wi-Fi Plan ($5 USD per day)...does this mean I can purchase for just one

day? All I need to do is check in and print my SW boarding passes on the last day.

I don't have a smart phone...I just have a cheap prepaid phone so using my phone for this is not going to work.

No, if you're going to go on board and purchase an internet plan but do it per day, it's much more than $5/day. The prices online and the prices on board are different. That $5/day social wifi plan sounds a lot like what is broken down for the entire cruise. For example on a 4 day cruise, it'll cost you $20 for the social wifi plan for the entire cruse ($5/day times 4).

The Social Plan is no longer available for daily purchase onboard.

e79ef46b10ecda48ee759356d06fe494.jpg

I’d buy the SW precheck option. You’ll be in the front of the line. Just have to print your pass at the airport.

• 4 weeks later...