Checking in for return flight

debgreg

We are off on Saturday on Oasis of Seas. We have Virgin flights from the UK and we have to check in 24hrs before but as they are scheduled flights how do we check in for the return flights without internet? Does this mean we will have to buy a package especially if we want to book our seats 72 hours in advance, I presume yes [emoji17]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We are off on Saturday on Oasis of Seas. We have Virgin flights from the UK and we have to check in 24hrs before but as they are scheduled flights how do we check in for the return flights without internet? Does this mean we will have to buy a package especially if we want to book our seats 72 hours in advance, I presume yes [emoji17]

Do you have access to one of the Concierges (Diamond or Suite)? If so, they can check you in. If not, then you would likely need internet access. Sometimes the ship runs a special and offers an hour for a reduced price on the last day.

Another option is to have a trusted friend/relative shoreside do this for you.

Thanks Bob looks like we will have to buy a package, no access to the lounges. Is it better to pre book ( currently £12 day for one device) or do it onboard, I do remember seeing signs for it

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thanks Bob looks like we will have to buy a package, no access to the lounges. Is it better to pre book ( currently £12 day for one device) or do it onboard, I do remember seeing signs for it

If you want internet access for the entire cruise, then it's been better to purchase pre-cruise. They have been having various promos on internet packages.

However, if you just want access for one day (for your airline check-in), then you can only purchase that on board.

If you can wait till the final day then they usual have a special 1 hour rate for this sort of thing to allow people to check in for flights etc.

Thanks but we need to check in 72hours before so we can book seats together. My sons GF will probably want to FT her mum so we might as well book 1 package , I did look when the offers were on but it was no cheaper, thanks for the replies [emoji4]

Thanks but we need to check in 72hours before so we can book seats together. My sons GF will probably want to FT her mum so we might as well book 1 package , I did look when the offers were on but it was no cheaper, thanks for the replies [emoji4]

You can buy internet for a continuous 24 hour period onboard that starts when you need it.

If you buy a weeks package you can share it as long only one device is logged on at a time.

You can download the app and use it to check in. If you are able to use you mobile phone say at port where you might find free wifi then that is an option.

I have flown on Virgin previously. My preference is to pay the charge and book the seats in advance. I check in using the app on my phone once I arrive at port as I am able to use my phone (O2 network) in used without incurring huge charges.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Me EE phone contract allows me to use calls,texts and internet in the US from my UK allowance so worth checking with your phone provider.

You can check in at the airport but risky if the flight is overbooked.

We fly Virgin regularly and pay when we book the flights for seats we want.

The Diamond concierge will print the boarding passes but the loyalty ambassadors won't,maybe Guest services might print them if you ask.

Depending on what network you're on it could be cheaper to connect using phone data. Me and my husband were on Oasis in November and we are on o2 so just used our data to check in. It was £5.99 a Day and fairly quick speeds plus we could use it for the whole day

Sent from my SM-A520F using Forums mobile app