Choice shore excursion credit

lweber05

I am having some difficulty understanding exactly what some of my extras actually mean. I would appreciate any assistance.

My receipt show that we have “1x fifty dollars per port shore ex crd and also a 1 x choice shore excursion credit. Are these duplicative?

Also we have a 1 x choice phone credit? What does this mean?

I am having some difficulty understanding exactly what some of my extras actually mean. I would appreciate any assistance.

My receipt show that we have “1x fifty dollars per port shore ex crd and also a 1 x choice shore excursion credit. Are these duplicative?

Also we have a 1 x choice phone credit? What does this mean?

I have those same amenities. My understanding is that because two offers resulted in two choice Excursion $50 credits, it is doubled. But I haven't yet read whether anyone has been able to take $100 off one Excursion or whether it requires two in the same port.

The phone credit is to be used from the cabin phone. Mine is 120 minutes.

$50 shore excursion is per port-good luck finding any ship excursion for that price

we always go private route usually sharing with roll callers

not a good "perk " for us

They have the distinctive voyage promo so it is $100 per port (plus latitude discount on top of that) it can be used on 1 excursion if you like but note that if your excursion costs $79 you will only be credited $79 for that day. You do not get the 21 dollar overage.

You use "we" so you will get $100 per stateroom per port. If you get a shorex for less than $50 each for the two of you you "lose out"!! The cost of your shorex will be debited to your Folio before you do it; the credit will be AFTER you have done it.

We are hoping to apply $50 each with the two promos per port as well as our latitude discount.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

They will do that, I should have also mentioned that when the ship applies the credit they only apply it to passenger #1. They do not split it even if 2 people used the shore excursions.

So SE won’t apply one credit to my purchase and the other to my friend’s ...We pay separately ?

You pay separately but no they only credit “the cabin”and not the individual so you have to watch the spending on the 1st passenger to make sure there is enough spending to offset the credit as it is “non-refundable”and you can lose it if not used. The credit will be applied after ALL excursions have been taken so you should doublecheck your account then and make sure you have acceptable spending to offset that as well as any other OBC. NCL will apply refundable obc (such as travel agency obc) before non refundable and people have reported getting off the ship with unused OBC.

FYI - you may want to ask if passenger one can pay for both excursions but I have not heard of anyone having any luck with that outside of booking online and paying beforehand. Any latitude discount can be credited on the ship, it will be applied as refundable OBC since you paid cash out of pocket.

Thanks...I see a phone call to Shore Ex Office coming up as this won’t work for two paying separately and only one getting the credits . That’s what I get for assuming two promos can be divided between two accounts...thanks for the information!

Thanks...I see a phone call to Shore Ex Office coming up as this won’t work for two paying separately and only one getting the credits . That’s what I get for assuming two promos can be divided between two accounts...thanks for the information!

Take a look at your amenity confirmation (if you did not get one call NCL and have it emailed to you) you will see which passenger the credit will be applied to. It will only show under one name as opposed to the UBP/UDP/OBC which will show under 2 names.

$50 shore excursion is per port-good luck finding any ship excursion for that price

we always go private route usually sharing with roll callers

not a good "perk " for us

You do not have to try to find a $50 Excursion since the $50 will be credited toward any Excursion, so a $109 Excursion would be discounted $50 ending up costing $59.

You do not have to try to find a $50 Excursion since the $50 will be credited toward any Excursion, so a $109 Excursion would be discounted $50 ending up costing $59.

yes but when you research the private companies prices or DIY wi that $50 discount you will probably be financially better off not using that excursion credit

yes but when you research the private companies prices or DIY wi that $50 discount you will probably be financially better off not using that excursion credit

another thing to factor between ship and private tours is the meeting place, the location where you put the tour guide. I booked some private tour company in the past and they told me to meet them at some parking lot outside the cruise terminal area. As a person with mobility difficulty, it is much easier for me if the tour meeting place is near the ship. and that is something i dont mind paying a bit extra for

another thing to factor between ship and private tours is the meeting place, the location where you put the tour guide. I booked some private tour company in the past and they told me to meet them at some parking lot outside the cruise terminal area. As a person with mobility difficulty, it is much easier for me if the tour meeting place is near the ship. and that is something i dont mind paying a bit extra for

we always do private tours as my husband has mobility issues

We have always been met at end of gangplank by tour guide with name placard and vehicle is close by

Which port was it you had to meet outside cruise terminal area?

That is not always true, it depends on your NCL status. For example for me in Bermuda I could take a run swizzle cruise retail $69 for 8.65 Using my 15% & $50 shore credit. 2 people can go to the fort beach with lounge chairs and umbrella for $0.00, one person can do the beach, lounge chairs, water sports for 15 cents. 2 of us could go to Horsehoe bay for $16.30 (on your own it’s $8.00 each way so passenger 2 pays 30 cents round trip.

In Florida I could take a shuttle into Disney/Universal/Sea world etc for 15 cents or I could do the Kennedy space center for $51.15

In Nassau I could do the Atlantis with the water park for $85.15. Coming home I could do the NYC tour plus a ride to the airport for $34.15 (I wouldn’t since I live here but just a cab to the airport would cost more then that).

• 1 month later...
I should have also mentioned that when the ship applies the credit they only apply it to passenger #1. They do not split it even if 2 people used the shore excursions.

They have the distinctive voyage promo so it is $100 per port (plus latitude discount on top of that) it can be used on 1 excursion if you like but note that if your excursion costs $79 you will only be credited $79 for that day. You do not get the 21 dollar overage.

We too have the two $50 shore excursion promos on our cruise in May. We have booked the shore excursions via the shore excursion desk and the platinum plus discount was applied.

I understand that the $50 + $50 credits are applied to guest #1's onboard account after we have completed the excursions. There are two of us in the room with separate credit card accounts. What I don't understand is if the excursion cost is $85 per person, will the full $100 be credited to guest 1's account for both excursions or will only $85 of the $100 credits be applied for guest 1's excursion?

I asked the Shore Ex desk this question today and he said the credits are split between both accounts and that we can ask for the credits to be applied how we want on board. I don't think that is correct.

Any one figure out how the Choice and Distinctive Voyage shore ex credits are applied for two different accounts in the same room?