Do Viking Ocean ships have laundry facilities or services?

travelmum

• 6 months later...
46 minutes ago, Eggtuary said:

Sorry, stupid question:  How does the paid laundry service work?  I assume they provide a laundry bag that you leave out?

Based on our experience on Viking River, there's a laundry bag in the closet. Fill it with whatever you want washed along with a form telling them what's there and then leave the bag on your bed. If you leave it out while at breakfast - it's back by dinner time. 

1 hour ago, CharTrav said:

Based on our experience on Viking River, there's a laundry bag in the closet. Fill it with whatever you want washed along with a form telling them what's there and then leave the bag on your bed. If you leave it out while at breakfast - it's back by dinner time. 

Thanks. 

I probably should have clarified:  our PV room comes with free pressing. But we know we will have to pay for laundry. So is it the same bag for both, and the form is what tells them if it’s pressing or wash or dry clean?

34 minutes ago, Eggtuary said:

Thanks. 

I probably should have clarified:  our PV room comes with free pressing. But we know we will have to pay for laundry. So is it the same bag for both, and the form is what tells them if it’s pressing or wash or dry clean?

Yes, same bag.  The form asks whether to be laundered or pressed.

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, Eggtuary said:

Thanks. 

Sorry. No idea. We never used the pressing service in our PV cabin. I just don't remember if the form covered pressing too. But I suspect it would. Why have separate forms? I know the form has check boxes for dry vs normal washing.

My advice? Be wild and just trust that Viking will ensure the process is painless. At the very least your cabin stewards will be pleased to allay whatever concerns you have. 😁

Edited by CharTrav
  • Like 2

BUT, my gut says not to send a mixed bag of laundry, pressing and dry cleaning. The laundry room will not know which items to launder and which are there just for pressing. If you need more laundry bags to separate things out, ask your steward.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, Iloveketo said:

Some laundry items are included depending on your cabin category.  For example when we book penthouse veranda pressing of our clothing is included. 

Yep, the steward said to ignore the prices for pressing, as it is included for our PV room. 

• Like 2

• 3 months later...
On 3/28/2022 at 10:31 AM, Eggtuary said:

Yep, the steward said to ignore the prices for pressing, as it is included for our PV room. 

We are also in a PV and will have pressing included but my question is will they return the items the same day or the next day if we leave them out for pick up before 9AM? Thanks.