Art Auction on Carnival

Seabiscuit66

Hey y'all! I have previously both won and bought fine art on a Carnival ship. Do all Carnival ships have these auctions?

Unfortunately, yes. If we're bored on a sea day and want to some free, cheap champagne, we'll go sit for a bit.

I will say this, the folks moving the art around work their butts off and it must be that anyone with a British accent is allowed to call the auction. Don't get me wrong, I love British accents, but have you ever noticed? Perhaps done to lend an air of sophistication?

LOL, exactly my thoughts. Pretend art and cheap champagne for bored cruisers. Those buying get dinged really good on frames and shipping.

The framing is on par with what it would cost to frame at a local framing shop. Shipping (though expensive) is what the shipping company (UPS?) charges for a box that size and weight. Yes, it is (unexpectedly) expensive, but it is not uncalled for.

No, it is not generally considered "fine art", nor is most of it considered a good investment. But the pieces I bought look great on my walls!

A few cruises back a newbie couple went went us. They bought thousands of dollars on paintings. They spent a good deal of the cruise going to the auctions. They were happy, we didn't get it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T377A using Forums mobile app

I have some friends who bought some art on a Carnival cruise, they paid several thousand dollars for it, about a year latter they got a offer to attend a art auction in Seattle, they went and all was paid for, hotel (a 5 star), food, cocktails everything, they purchased another piece of art for a few thousand dollars, about another year later they got a free balcony cabin on a Carnival Alaskan cruise, and again everything was paid for. I guess it pays to buy.