Fax Number for Shareholder Benefit takes weekend off??

Steelers36

Hi,

I have searched and re-read several threads on the S/H benefit because I have a dim memory that someone might have posted this. I have been attempting to fax documents today and I don't get either a ring nor a busy signal at the fax number (661-753-0180). It is like the line is dead.

But I wonder if anyone had this experience that it isn't active on weekends?

I was going to fax today and do the follow-up call in the morning. I guess I will try the fax again in the morning, but I will call for sure and ask about the line working - or not.

Thanks.

Likely something is down on their end. Fax numbers are usually active all the time unless there is a problem. You are using the right number do just try again in the morning. I fax mine in and then wait about an hour and call them to verify that the fax has been received. They ask what number I faxed from (if using an online service such as FaxZero tell them that) and then verify that the fax was received and apply the credit immediately. I also ask them at that time to send me an email confirmation.

Fax: 661 753 0180 (For Sending Shareholder OBC Info)

Tel: 800 872 6779 ext. 30317 (For Confirming OBC Fax Has Been Received)

They don't work on the weekends so if there's a problem with their antiquated fax machine, that could be the problem. Wait until Tuesday to be safe to fax it again. I try not to ever fax stuff to them on Monday because I know they're swamped with requests then. I faxed mine last week and it was on my account in less than 20 hrs.

They don't work on the weekends so if there's a problem with their antiquated fax machine, that could be the problem. Wait until Tuesday to be safe to fax it again. I try not to ever fax stuff to them on Monday because I know they're swamped with requests then. I faxed mine last week and it was on my account in less than 20 hrs.

It isn't an actual fax machine, it's a computer.

It isn't an actual fax machine, it's a computer.

I have read both - electronic and traditional paper. If it is electronic, not sure why it wouldn't be working. Anyway, thanks for everyone's input. Of course, I will call in the morning to see what's up.

THRAK - Yup, I know your routine and it is what I do as well. This time I will have to call first and see what the situation is. But, who knows, the line might be working in the morning when I try it.

I phoned the office this morning and the fax line is down. IT has been advised. Not ETA. Just keep trying. No alternate number. Won't accept email even if line is down. I don't want to rely on snail mail across the border at this point, but it would probably work out. I only need the OBC before the first segment ends.

And the fax process is working now. And confirming that it is an electronic system now as suspected/posted. Faxes come to the office from the server via an email and with the sending phone number which is one way to identify a fax - otherwise they have to open it up and read it. Had a short pleasant chat. Allow time for the fax to get through the system to their email if calling to follow up. Ten minutes ought to do it. They have quite a load this morning. Easy peasy.

Thank you Carnival and Princess. This is the biggest bundle of S/H OBC yet (B2B2B at the max). Pays for almost half of our gratuities.

And the fax process is working now. And confirming that it is an electronic system now as suspected/posted. Faxes come to the office from the server via an email and with the sending phone number which is one way to identify a fax - otherwise they have to open it up and read it. Had a short pleasant chat. Allow time for the fax to get through the system to their email if calling to follow up. Ten minutes ought to do it. They have quite a load this morning. Easy peasy.

Thank you Carnival and Princess. This is the biggest bundle of S/H OBC yet (B2B2B at the max). Pays for almost half of our gratuities.

Funny they internally email them, since you can't send an email directly. If I had to guess the reason it is to protect their internal mail system from malware. Worked for a company that wouldn't allow any attachments to incoming email - they just blocked them.

Funny they internally email them, since you can't send an email directly. If I had to guess the reason it is to protect their internal mail system from malware. Worked for a company that wouldn't allow any attachments to incoming email - they just blocked them.

Yes, it's a security issue (although documents don't carry viruses). Perhaps it was about statement info being intercepted.

I faxed mine in yesterday and waited a couple of hours. no credit. then I called them at 3:30 pst and she looked thru her list but could not find it. They go by time. So she asked if I could fax it to her while on the phone as I do have a dedicated fax line and she received it and credited the account while on the phone. Very nice employee to deal with. No form needed. Just type a cover letter with Reservation #, Ship and sailing date, your name and phone number and a copy of your account from broker showing at least 100 shares of CCL stock held with your name on it that is the same as the name of the person in the stateroom and reservation # info. Fax # is 661-753-0180 and phone number to talk to the rep is 800-872-6779 ext. 30317

Yes, it's a security issue (although documents don't carry viruses). Perhaps it was about statement info being intercepted.

Really? It's pretty easy to rename a file to .docx or something similar. I once racked my brain for a day and a half trying to fix a virus on someone's computer. The thing disabled all executable files so you couldn't even edit the registry. I finally fixed it by renaming regedit.exe to regedit.scr. It seems the folks who made the damn virus didn't take into account that screen savers are actually executable files. Renaming the thing allowed me to launch it and edit the registry to get rid of the problem. I've also had to do complete wipe and rebuild from scratch to remove ransom ware from computers. As there was no backup for the computer the only other option was to pay the ransom and the people didn't want to do that. Don't be complacent about any kind of attachment or any email from unknown sources.

I faxed mine in yesterday and waited a couple of hours. no credit. then I called them at 3:30 pst and she looked thru her list but could not find it. They go by time. So she asked if I could fax it to her while on the phone as I do have a dedicated fax line and she received it and credited the account while on the phone. Very nice employee to deal with. No form needed. Just type a cover letter with Reservation #, Ship and sailing date, your name and phone number and a copy of your account from broker showing at least 100 shares of CCL stock held with your name on it that is the same as the name of the person in the stateroom and reservation # info. Fax # is 661-753-0180 and phone number to talk to the rep is 800-872-6779 ext. 30317

I don't even do that. Just write the pertinent info. on my statement. It's worked fine for me for quite awhile. ;) They seem to be pretty on-the-ball in that department.

Really? It's pretty easy to rename a file to .docx or something similar. I once racked my brain for a day and a half trying to fix a virus on someone's computer. The thing disabled all executable files so you couldn't even edit the registry. I finally fixed it by renaming regedit.exe to regedit.scr. It seems the folks who made the damn virus didn't take into account that screen savers are actually executable files. Renaming the thing allowed me to launch it and edit the registry to get rid of the problem. I've also had to do complete wipe and rebuild from scratch to remove ransom ware from computers. As there was no backup for the computer the only other option was to pay the ransom and the people didn't want to do that. Don't be complacent about any kind of attachment or any email from unknown sources.

Thrak, I do agree with you, but I was thinking from the perspective that something has to run in order to install or setup the virus process. I get your example situation. I am also leery of any rogue file and get rid of them, but it's the executables that really put the scare in me. Data files, like your .docx example, are normally opened by an application (MS Word in this case). So, just sitting there as a data file doesn't do much, right? And if it is a fake .docx file, Word won't be able to open it. At least when a PDF is received, those are pretty benign. Anyway, I don't trust any file if I don't know the source. I do check the real email address if seems fake. I also check embedded URL's in suspicious emails to see where pointing (and of course it won't be pointing to the supposed source).

Anyway, if I am right, a .exe file renamed to a .docx file is pretty harmless unless something is done to set it off. But the best policy is to be highly suspicious of anything received from an unknown source and your Spidey Senses should be triggered if you get an email from a known source, but it looks off or has a weird request. So, I didn't mean to imply some files won't carry a virus, but a "bad" file is only "bad" if something causes or allows it to "launch", right? I am glad you stepped in anyway, because I wasn't specific enough.

Has anyone snail mailed it?

Yes, I snailed and faxed on the same day. Fax was down for 4 days and did not go thru so I decided to snail. The next day fax was working and received my credit THAT day after I called them to make sure they received it. Snail took about a week and was declined even though I faxed a week earlier. Received an email saying my trade confirmation was NOT acceptable, but the same trade confirmation was accepted thru fax. I guess it depends on who gets the information and Apparently that person did not check my personalizer because the credit was already there.