Luggage Tag Holder recommendations?

OrinocoFlow

You can purchase good ones (Cruise Critic branded) here on CC or you can get them on Amazon or on another site that CC blocks from being referenced. I got mine on the other site (f a v o r s b y s e r e n d i p i t y d o t c o m) and they are very good. I recommend getting the longer plastic loops as they are much easier to use than the short one. (I originally got the short ones and later got longer ones elsewhere.) This is what I use:

enhance

didnt your luggage come with them?

I can't tell if you're asking, or just being sarcastic. Based on many of your other posts, I can guess...

Luggage typically comes with a card with a small area -- may 2" x 3" where one may write in their information.

This is often concealed, so that if can only be read with some effort.

I, and others in this thread, presume the poster is asking about a luggage tag which will hold

the tags that one prints prior to embarking a princess cruise. ...which are large, and easy

for porters and shipboard folks to read.

Based on context, and given cruise critic sells those sorts of tags, I think it's a reasonable presumption.

Another handy thing to carry is a luggage scale to avoid overweight charges at the airport. You can rearrange items in different bags to get your weight correct instead of having 1 over weight bag and 1 underweight bag. This is what we carry:

https://www.amazon.com/Accuoz-Digital-Luggage-Backlight-Portable/dp/B00Z4TNHG6/ref=sr_1_2_sspa?ie=UTF8&qid=1515360806&sr=8-2-spons&keywords=luggage+weight+scale&psc=1

We’ve repeatedly used the Favors by Serendipity luggage tag holders for many years (website address was blocked from posting but can be located by an online search).

I don’t know if they still offer the free PDF document to use with the holders if luggage gets misdirected. On the outside it displays in bold red directions to open the form & on the inside I add our itinerary. So we not only get cruise luggage tag holders but also holders for misdirected luggage.

Another handy thing to carry is a luggage scale to avoid overweight charges at the airport. You can rearrange items in different bags to get your weight correct instead of having 1 over weight bag and 1 underweight bag. This is what we carry:

https://www.amazon.com/Accuoz-Digital-Luggage-Backlight-Portable/dp/B00Z4TNHG6/ref=sr_1_2_sspa?ie=UTF8&qid=1515360806&sr=8-2-spons&keywords=luggage+weight+scale&psc=1

I totally agree with you. A lot less hassle taking care of it in your cabin The at the airport

Tony

We had the plastic/vinyl ties mentioned in another post here used them once and had one tear off one bag.....:mad:, I will not go into the agony we went though. We bought these for the next trip and have used them four times with out issue. My two cents steel cable is the best.

enhance

Another vote for the ones from Highwinds with the metal cable loop holder shown below. I like that they "ziplock" shut at the top; allows you to change out the tag without taking the loop holder apart. We had ones like those above and they worked fine, but you have to take the plastic loop off in order to open them to get the paper in and out of the holder. With the Highwinds ones, you just open the ziplock and voila! And they are very sturdy:

6b2f2bd5-0313-44ab-96db-f73b0e66a945_1.837f9b0347f943489d81cda3e230dd48.png?odnHeight=450&odnWidth=450&odnBg=FFFFFF

Thanks...those with the stainless steel loops appear to be better but having the luggage tag holders with the metal grommets might order the SS loops through Amazon to have a more secure connection. Or we’ll just use inexpensive durable tie wraps & have scissors to remove them.

Edited by Astro Flyer

Are they long enough for princess? I saw others that weren’t as wide but longer.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We first tried the plastic ones and the ship's crew or stevedores on the shore managed to tear them off. We usually lost one off our two checked bags each cruise. They just don't hold up to the rough treatment.

We then saw these tags and have used them for the last two years without any problems or torn off tags. I use the scissors to cut the paper tag Princess has so that they will fit better in the holders but they will hold the folded paper tag. Buy them as they are very durable.

Are they long enough for princess? I saw others that weren’t as wide but longer.

They’re the same size as mine from Serendipity which fit perfectly with Princess luggage tags just as is stated in the product’s description.

Check the details when you order. We originally ordered a set for RCI which we have used twice and in between took a Princess cruise so ordered a set which were identified as fitting Princess tags. Both sets fit as advertised. Highly recommend steel cables. One of our sets had a defective cable, as a result of which I learned Lowes has similar cables pretty cheap, some with colored plastic coatings if you want to go real fancy.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Forums mobile app

We use the Highwinds tags for every trip. I type out our itinerary, cell phone contact info, and where we will be staying as we travel on an 8 x 10 sheet of paper, print our names in big letters on the back, and fold them into the Highwinds holders. If my luggage goes on vacation without me, I want the airline to be able to get it back to me ASAP. :) Those with the little plastic loops on the top - we went thru those like crazy because they stretch out and snap. The wires work so very much better.