Live from the Royal Jan 9-19 with pictures

rwstout

I'm sorry you missed Princess Cays. Were the seas rough enough for you to feel it on the ship? The last time we skipped it, we wouldn't have known how rough it was except for seeing them try to launch a tender. Have you seen how much you're getting back in port fees for doing so?

We will be sailing on her this March! I read somewhere that they charge for room service, that's not correct unless they changed it since our last cruise a year ago (or maybe they meant the late night charge for pizza). Could you verify that the room service is still free, except for late night (midnight to 5am I think) pizza? Thanks and have a GREAT time!!

I know you are busy having a good time...as you should be :D, didn't know if my question got lost in the other posts or if you just haven't had time yet to answer. If you get a chance could you let me know about room service charges? Thanks again!!!

Day two. Well as you know we missed Princess cat due to weather. That’s ok we had a nice relaxing day.

We started the day off with breakfast in the dinning room. Emily then went back to bed until afternoon some time. As for me I wrote my blog post and then headed to the Enclave. I spent about an hour in there. I received a message from Emily about 1 pm and she said she was hungry. Princess@sea offers a free on board messaging service. It is kind of nice. You beeping to let you know you have a message so nothing to distract you from relaxing. So we got a small sandwich from the international cafe and some hot tea. It was still raining out so we decided to go to a game show in the princess live. The game show was called gift of gab. Emily and I enjoyed it though she knew more answers than I did. From there we booked an excursion for St. Thomas. After that we headed to tea time. The snacks were good but Emily had a hard time getting the flavor tea she wanted. Then I went back to the spa and Emily went to do a Zumba class. Emily came back with a red face but she said she had a lot of fun.

We both showered and changed and went to the pre dinner appetizers for platinum and above guests. The appetizers where cheeses, veggies, chips, and salsa. The special $6 drinks were weird. I had never heard of any of them. From there we looked at some of the shops and went to dinner.

At dinner we were alone so asked to move. They moved us but to an earlier dinning time with others that want to sit with younger people.

After dinner we went to the show. It was really go. The entertainer did rock from the 50s and 60s. The show was good. Emily even got up on stage and did the twist with him.

Then it was back to the room where we started to watch the Three Kingman movie that was free in the room.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Day three

Today was another sea day and formal night. We did a lot of nothing. Of course I spent a lot of time in the Enclave.

We did the Royal tea and I am not sure it’s worth the money. A picture attached.

We were asked to move to the earlier dining time so that another teen would have someone to sit with. So we did. It was nice for Emily. Dinner was good but the show was even better. It is a new show called Encore. Get show and I would recommend it. It’s more singing than dancing but it was great. Then I went back to Enclave and to bed by 10. We got up early this morning here in St Thomas.

Love everything you've shared.

Thank you!

Have you seen the kids (tweens 8-12) program on this sailing. Shockwaves.

How many are on your sailing under 18?

There are and they look like they are having fun. However not as many as you see in summer or over US holidays.

St. Thomas day 4

Today we arrived in a partly cloudy St. Thomas. We booked a shipwreck and turtle snorkeling tour with Castaway Girl. We had a very good time. I have sailed two times now with the same captain. Free flowing rum punch followed the snorkel. The crew said that about 60-70% of the island has power back. 9a9d7444941b9491747a6885393d3276.jpg61b4f54a2ffb805c3de72cbef0132ad8.jpgf144dfb504b89dfbfe0104c68ccf0af8.jpg

After the snorkeling we were hungry and I remembered there was a Hooters that my dad and I had been too. So that’s were we headed. Not many people in so we got a table and sat for 20 with no help. So we left and went back to the ship for pizza.4046a01c1348e3f8bc02d787868f904d.jpg

In the evening we went to dinner at the new time with new table mates. We now share the table with a 15 year old and her grandma from Australia. It has been nice. After dinner I of course went to the Enclave then to the room. I watched Kingsmen one of the free movies in the room.

St. Kitts

At breakfast this morning we had a full table of negative Nancies. We have had good service and great shows. No complaints from us.

Today we got off just to look around here is what we saw.

f11f1b306aed87b3fb70521f94883e98.jpg122f228480c996d404629ce017c2b191.jpgff3e65f999d1ef1125365ec82a1db2e1.jpgf685a9d8d37ef6b8296c798f7453714f.jpgba7e314cc19cca0279570b236220465c.jpg

Ok they were very pushy with the monkeys. Emily just had to have her picture taken. Of course 10 bucks. After shopping we went to TimO for lunch. The sandwich was a cheesy tri tip burger with parmesan fries. They also had great WiF.

We went back to the ship to get out of the rain and for me to work on homework. Just a note the ship WiFi will not access UOP classrooms. We went to dinner and then to another great show. After the show we watched Passengers another free move.

410630ebd5641332d8ff745faf4aa503.jpg

Thanks for the review! Any improvement on internet speed? Have you heard any rumblings of when the upgrade to Medallion speed unlimited internet may be implement on the Royal (not the actual *****) but the upgrade that’s up and running on the Regal

Sounds like a great time! We are counting down to March...

Question if you get a chance - could you please tell me if Royal still uses the old style plastic stripe door / cruise cards or it they are now the new RDIF door/cruise cards ?

I've read that the RDIF cannot be punched for lanyards and we like our lanyards! (no flames please!;p)

Thanks much!

Sounds like a great time! We are counting down to March...

Question if you get a chance - could you please tell me if Royal still uses the old style plastic stripe door / cruise cards or it they are now the new RDIF door/cruise cards ?

I've read that the RDIF cannot be punched for lanyards and we like our lanyards! (no flames please!;p)

Thanks much!

Just got off Royal almost a week ago. Cards were plastic stripe. Saw people wearing them on lanyards.

Thanks for the live thread. Enjoying your review and pictures. You mentioned that you had a coffee card and on another thread it was stated that ship marked the ship name/date and also had a expiration date. Is your card marked this way and if so could you provide a picture?

Sent from my iPad using Forums