Live from the Royal Jan 9-19 with pictures

rwstout

Thanks for the review! Any improvement on internet speed? Have you heard any rumblings of when the upgrade to Medallion speed unlimited internet may be implement on the Royal (not the actual *****) but the upgrade that’s up and running on the Regal

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Internet is better than it has been in past however I have been unable to access my school site.

Thanks for the live thread. Enjoying your review and pictures. You mentioned that you had a coffee card and on another thread it was stated that ship marked the ship name/date and also had a expiration date. Is your card marked this way and if so could you provide a picture?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

83361f024e2d07eed263c978dda0429f.jpg

I'm a few days behind...just saw the post about Castaway Girl...we did that a few years ago and thought it was one of the BEST excursions ever...it was a beautiful boat with a great crew. We'll be back in St. Thomas in March...looking forward to that excursion again!

St Lucia 778e3cf1d6b9f0c3cd181a1cb4eceeff.jpg7b20c70a13033e08fb8628b61a57ac06.jpg1bab6ed87d9037b9fc23c853ff7fbf18.jpg876fd4401a1a0d0184c8a2bf57162ae8.jpg

7b80e797b1c0c071a99290e03d7e27d6.jpg

St. Lucia

I spent a lot of time in the little coffee shop. Great coffee and even better free WiFi. It is a little yellow building hidden in the corner of the main compound.

We just walked around for a bit after the rain. It is very beautiful here. Emily found some unique gifts to take home.

Back on ship was all the normal stuff.

Barbados

We took this day as a beach day. We took a cab $5 each to harbor lights on the beach. We got two beach chairs with an umbrella and jet ski for an hour, lunch, and lots of rum punch for 120. We had a great time. 82c2db9995cd3e9ed7f2197cfae352b0.jpg053cdb2b67d51cead815ed8ef27d030b.jpg

We both got a little sunburned but well worth the day. The ship was a lot rocky so we did not do much. We did go to the platinum party. All but about 900 guests on board are platinum or elite. Interesting. We watched another great free movie and called it a night. For all you football fans they did show the football games all over.

Thanks for all the updates. You mentioned rocky, has this been a windy cruise? My last Eastern Caribbean Cruise in winter we had high winds on the decks most days and a couple of really rocking nights. Was hoping for calmer seas this time!

Have you thought that the Enclave was clean? When we did it there weren't enough hooks for your robes and people were putting them and used wash cloths all over the floor.

I agree not enough hooks but it was clean

thanks for your posts. looks great. have a question. was there a long walk from the ship to anything when in port? to the shops, bus etc. could you get a tram as some ports/ships provide? thanks. my husband has a walking disability. not wheelchair bound but can't walk far. looks like our royal trip 2/8 is the same as yours. any info would be helpful. thanks.

thanks for your posts. looks great. have a question. was there a long walk from the ship to anything when in port? to the shops, bus etc. could you get a tram as some ports/ships provide? thanks. my husband has a walking disability. not wheelchair bound but can't walk far. looks like our royal trip 2/8 is the same as yours. any info would be helpful. thanks.

Would love to know too as we'll be on the same ship/itinerary in March and have the same problem. Thanks.

What exactly do people do in The Enclave?

US TOO...WE ARE PLANNING ON BUYING TWO FOR THE ENCLAVE, ;pALTHOUGH AS SUITE GUEST WE THOUGHT WE WOULD GET THAT INCLUDED...NOT ON THIS SHIP...OH WELLLLL WILL THERE BE ENOUGH HOT STONE LOUNGES WHEN THERE ARE ONLY EIGHT? THANK YOU...OH...LOVE THE PICTURES OF YOU TWO WONDERFUL GALS...WISH I WAS 45 YEARS YOUNGER..;).LOL...HAVE A GREAT VOYAGE, AND THANKS AGAIN...@!:halo::p

What exactly do people do in The Enclave?

Relax in the heated hydro pool and get massaged by the jets, rain shower, bubbles and waterfall spouts, take a steam in the different steam rooms, take a sauna in the different saunas, relax on the tile loungers, relax on the water beds, enjoy the different shower types to rinse off, etc. Very relaxing, if you're in to that sort of thing...

Relax in the heated hydro pool and get massaged by the jets, rain shower, bubbles and waterfall spouts, take a steam in the different steam rooms, take a sauna in the different saunas, relax on the tile loungers, relax on the water beds, enjoy the different shower types to rinse off, etc. Very relaxing, if you're in to that sort of thing...

Sign me up!!! 🙂

We got off today. Wonderful 10 day cruise. Matt is quite funny!

We agree! After 40 cruises, he is our favorite cruise director. We loved him last week! Unfortunately, the word is that Natt took ill, and left Roysl during turn around yesterday. Staff that we spoke to are vague as to what happened. He washisnormsl outrageuos self on the Sunday night. Hope all is well with him, he is a gem!