Anyone with experience reporting a lost item?

Silc

I was on the Brilliance of the Seas on Tuesday, January 2nd returning Saturday, January 6th. Once I got off the ship and got about 3/4 of the way home, I realized I left a ring in the cabin. First thing I did when I got home was call Royal to report it. I was referred to Chargerback.com. I was wondering if anyone has had any experience with them, and if your item was returned to you? I didn't misplace a bathing suit, or pair of flip flops, but I diamond ring. I'd really like to get it back. I made the call, and submitted the report on Saturday. To date, I've heard nothing from them.

If all else fails, does anyone know who else I can contact to see if it's been found?

Thanks very much for your help,

Silc

I was on the Brilliance of the Seas on Tuesday, January 2nd returning Saturday, January 6th. Once I got off the ship and got about 3/4 of the way home, I realized I left a ring in the cabin. First thing I did when I got home was call Royal to report it. I was referred to Chargerback.com. I was wondering if anyone has had any experience with them, and if your item was returned to you? I didn't misplace a bathing suit, or pair of flip flops, but I diamond ring. I'd really like to get it back. I made the call, and submitted the report on Saturday. To date, I've heard nothing from them.

If all else fails, does anyone know who else I can contact to see if it's been found?

Silc

I do not have any personal experience with a lost item, but have read many posts here from people who have lost items. The one consistent comment was that it takes a lot of time to hear back, sometimes months, so you are going to have to give it time. Items are sent off the ship and take a while to get recorded and processed. Clothing never even makes it off the ship and is thrown away. People have reported positive results with jewelry, not so much with electronics.

Good luck, I hope you get your ring back, but two days is way too early to hear anything.:)

It's possible that it might be found by the next occupants of your cabin, especially if you left it in the safe. Find the rollcall thread and post on it, with your cabin number - maybe someone on board can check with the people in the cabin, if they spot your post.

I had a swiss army knife that I was allowed to bring on board at the beginning of the cruise (i use it to open baby food). One day after a port call we were getting back on the boat and they confiscated it. They gave me a paper (a hand written note pretty much) to collect it at the end of the cruise. I wasn't able to pick it up at the end because they moved us through the line to disembark even though i kept asking for the lost and found. Anyways, I called them back after we got home and they essentially lost my item. After much back and forth they re-imbursed me. This was Freedom of the Seas in 2014. So not a very good experience with lost and found items.

I do not have any personal experience with a lost item, but have read many posts here from people who have lost items. The one consistent comment was that it takes a lot of time to hear back, sometimes months, so you are going to have to give it time. Items are sent off the ship and take a while to get recorded and processed. Clothing never even makes it off the ship and is thrown away. People have reported positive results with jewelry, not so much with electronics.

Good luck, I hope you get your ring back, but two days is way too early to hear anything.:)

You think this how, why?

Had a client whose son forgot a favorite sweatshirt. They did get it back

You think this how, why?

Have seen it posted more than once by people who had left behind clothing. They were told for hygiene reasons, things were thrown away. One poster claimed they had items with the tags still on them thrown away. Not sure why they wouldn't wash things before wearing them but that is a whole different story.

Have seen it posted more than once by people who had left behind clothing. They were told for hygiene reasons, things were thrown away. One poster claimed they had items with the tags still on them thrown away. Not sure why they wouldn't wash things before wearing them but that is a whole different story.

So you heard it on the internet

Silc

search this on this forum" alot of people get things back, I was one of them and it didn't take months.

Personal belongings left behind on ship - any way to get them back?

You need to call RCCL and then you will get assigned a person to help you, it may take a few weeks before they respond but they will call and email you. You will have to have your reservation and cabin no.

You think this how, why?

Your client's son was lucky then. We came home with an extra T-Shirt in our wash&fold. (looked brand new) DH thought it was mine, and I thought it was his. I called to report that we had it, and was informed that they make no attempt to return clothing to passengers and we could either keep it or discard it. I posted on the roll call that we had it, but no one claimed it. It makes a good sleep shirt.

My daughter left a favourite Disney hoodie that she got as a souvenir in the park, in the kids club on the last night. When we realized the next morning that it was forgotten, we tried everything we could to get it back. We asked guest services if they could just get someone to go to the kids room to retrieve it, or take us to retrieve it, but they said no one was available......at 8:30 am. So it wasn't terribly early on disembarkation day to ask someone to retrieve it. No one. Not one person could help us that day. But they told us to file a lost and found report, so I went online when we got home and did so. Only to find out by an email response they don't keep clothing, and her favourite Disney souvenir was thrown away. I'm still upset about it. How hard would it have been to call someone from Adventire Ocean to go get it? Anyways, no, they don't keep clothing. Other than that the trip was amazing, and we are booked for Mar 4 this year.

Thanks everyone. It's a very frustrating process. I have no one to blame but myself for leaving the ring behind. But I will admit that I am not a fan of the process that's used for reporting. I did get a form generated email this morning telling me they received my report, and that it could be up to 30 days before I hear anything more from them. If the item hasn't been found within 30 days, the report would be closed. If it was a $25 pair of sunglasses, perhaps I'd be a little less frustrated. But as it's a diamond ring, I'm disappointed that there's no sense of urgency. I've spoken to Royal's post cruise customer service department a couple of different times now. While I'd be very happy to get my ring back, at this point, I'd also be very happy with some empathy. So far, I've gotten neither one.

I did reach out to the Roll Call who were sailing when we got off on Saturday. I'll reach out to the next group today.

Thanks again,

Silc

DH lost his 2 month old cell phone on Serenade on the last day of our cruise last year. He had it when we woke up on disembarkation day but didn’t have it at the airport. We reported it as soon as we got home and followed up to no avail. The only places we were that morning were our room and the concierge lounge.

It was a very costly mistake. Now at the end of each cruise, he checks for it 7 or 8 times.