Any Ideas

BLJ1

Hi

We have cruised a number of times as a couple, however, this year my 13 yr. old granddaughter and 87 year old mother may be coming with us.

Due to my partners work we are limited as to when we can go, looking at end of August through to beginning of December. We are thinking of doing Southern Caribbean beginning of September, but I'm worried about the weather. We like it hot, need excursions to suit the various age groups and evening entertainment.

Looking for suggestions on where to cruise and when. We will be flying from UK, looking to do 10 to 14 days. Any help much appreciated

Hi

We have cruised a number of times as a couple, however, this year my 13 yr. old granddaughter and 87 year old mother may be coming with us.

Due to my partners work we are limited as to when we can go, looking at end of August through to beginning of December. We are thinking of doing Southern Caribbean beginning of September, but I'm worried about the weather. We like it hot, need excursions to suit the various age groups and evening entertainment.

Looking for suggestions on where to cruise and when. We will be flying from UK, looking to do 10 to 14 days. Any help much appreciated

@BLJ1, Generally the Southern Caribbean (Aruba, Bonaire, etc) doesn't experience hurricanes as frequently as the northern areas do.

I did find some good info right here on Cruise Critic too; maybe these links will help:

Good luck!

August thru December in the Caribbean will be hot but it is also hurricane season. Not as hot but a good itinerary is Canada and New England in September and October. New Zealand/Australia or other Pacific cruises are a possibility, though we have never done one.

Nobody can predict so long in advance. The statistics show that September is the most likely month and November the least likely.

I would choose end of October beginning of November, it is also low season for tourism and you can find better prices.

It is also when there are more options because the boats end their season in Europe and they are re-positioned to the Caribbean.

Hi

You didn’t say anything’s about budget limitations... What I will suggest is pricey (or “dear”).

Late season in Alaska is wonderful! Timing can be tricky because the State of Alaska basically shuts down after the U.S. Labor Day; museums closed or limited hours, etc. But, if you can make it work, book the next-to-last southbound Seward-to-Vancouver cruise, then b2b with the last northbound Vancouver-to-Seward cruise. Then stay a few days before heading back home.

Stan

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Have you considered a cruise from Southampton? This would avoid the cost (and stress) of a long flight for your mother. Itineraries include the Western Med, Canaries and Azures. These cruises finish towards the end of October/early November followed by the crossing of the Atlantic.

With your granddaughter at school age you may want to overlap the October break with your vacation to reduce the amount of time off school. If you do this you may find you have a reduced choice of Celebrity Cruises in the Caribbean as many ships are just crossing over seasons.

You may also want to consider other cruiselines such as RC....these ships, in addition to more Caribbean itineraries earlier in your time slot, have a greater selection of rooms suitable for family parties (Aqua suite, for example) at what can be a similar price for two standard balcony rooms. Just an idea. You could fly to Orlando and combine a 7 night cruise with a few Disney days....