EZAir cancel and rebook question

diane.in.ny

Is there a way to rebook a lower fare without first canceling the reservation I already have?

Looking to know for the future ....

I just canceled to rebook what looked like a significantly lower fare (when I checked the air without signing in) and when I went to rebook (after first canceling of course :( ) I found the fare was not lower but much higher. I might have made a mistake when checking the fare in terms of class of service so I probably messed up and I'm stuck right now with the higher fare.

I'll keep checking and hopefully I'll get find a lower fare again, but would love to know if there is a way to do this without first canceling.

I'm afraid I already know the answer :(

As long as you're doing flex air, you can check flights. When you look at your flights, at the bottom left is a green box saying add or modify flights. You can click on the box, bring up the form to check flights and it does not affect your other flights. I do this to see if there are price drops. If you have flights and want to check price, green box is the key, don't click cancel.

• Like 1

As long as you're doing flex air, you can check flights. When you look at your flights, at the bottom left is a green box saying add or modify flights. You can click on the box, bring up the form to check flights and it does not affect your other flights. I do this to see if there are price drops. If you have flights and want to check price, green box is the key, don't click cancel.

Yes, you can easily re-book to take advantage of price drops without cancelling first. I have done this several times. Follow the above instructions and if you see a price you like, you can book the same flights at the current price. Only then will your previous reservation be cancelled (automatically). There is no penalty up to 75 days out, and you can do this several times if the price continues to drop.If you have previously chosen seats or made other special requests, those selections will be cancelled with the old reservation and you will have to re-select. (At least that has been my experience.) If this is not clear when you log-in, ask again on this forum and I or someone else will be happy to help.:halo::halo:

Yes, you can easily re-book to take advantage of price drops without cancelling first. I have done this several times. Follow the above instructions and if you see a price you like, you can book the same flights at the current price. Only then will your previous reservation be cancelled (automatically). There is no penalty up to 75 days out, and you can do this several times if the price continues to drop.If you have previously chosen seats or made other special requests, those selections will be cancelled with the old reservation and you will have to re-select. (At least that has been my experience.) If this is not clear when you log-in, ask again on this forum and I or someone else will be happy to help.:halo::halo:

In addition to the above, you also need to reenter frequent flyer number, trusted traveler number, etc. when you find a lower fare. I recheck frequently and it's very nice to be able to secure lower costs when available.

Thanks all.

I just went to the Princess site and followed the instructions and see what you are all writing about.

I feel like such an IDIOT!! I've used the Modify before to add things like FF# etc but never noticed the Change Flights option

I just had a very expensive lesson :( (:mad:at myself!)

Hopefully, the price will drop again.

You can also re-fare by calling Princess. Even if you used a TA to book your cruise you can call Princess directly to discuss ez air changes. I got a price drop twice on my upcoming cruise air.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks all.

I just went to the Princess site and followed the instructions and see what you are all writing about.

I feel like such an IDIOT!! I've used the Modify before to add things like FF# etc but never noticed the Change Flights option

I just had a very expensive lesson :( (:mad:at myself!)

Hopefully, the price will drop again.

No, not an idiot. It is not obvious at all on the site. I didn't stumble on it until after I had called Princess a few times to take advantage of price drops. Just sorry you had to learn an expensive lesson----but keep watching and jump on the next big price drop!!! :')

No, not an idiot. It is not obvious at all on the site. I didn't stumble on it until after I had called Princess a few times to take advantage of price drops. Just sorry you had to learn an expensive lesson----but keep watching and jump on the next big price drop!!! :')

Thank you for your kind words :*

Was totally unaware you could check prices by clicking on the green "add or modify flights" box. Thought I would end up cancelling what I already had booked if I did so HUGE thank you for the info.

Again, many thanks.

AWT

Was totally unaware you could check prices by clicking on the green "add or modify flights" box. Thought I would end up cancelling what I already had booked if I did so HUGE thank you for the info.

Again, many thanks.

AWT

And thank you for posting this. Really made me feel better that someone could gain by my mistake.

Every time you change your EZ air booking, you get a new EZ air booking number.

I check my booking all the time and rebook if cheaper.

Click on Modifty at the end flight information

top right side - change flight,

put in the dates/ flights you want,

if cheaper,

click submit, it will ask if you want to cancel your booking,

click yes,

new booking will show, need to re add seats,

will receive new booking number.

if not cheaper, exit the page

The first time I used EZ air, I put the day we wanted to leave, never seeing it was day you want to arrive until the 45 day mark. I called Princess and she was able to change it to the correct date.

What I find puzzling now is I follow all the instructions, get a lower fare, try to rebook it and then get a message that since the search and booking the price went up ... to the same fare I have.

I don't understand this but at least I know the proper procedure now.

Won't make the same mistake twice.

And will keep checking.

I did it myself today, made a change, flight dropped 50.00 figured it was worth it, got the same flight, just had to make sure I picked seats again.

Don't beat yourself up, the only reason I know, is because I learned the hard way, too, on an overseas flight, it was a costly mistake!

You can also re-fare by calling Princess. Even if you used a TA to book your cruise you can call Princess directly to discuss ez air changes. I got a price drop twice on my upcoming cruise air.

That's exactly what I have done after final payment. I'm waiting for $200 refund to hit my CC.

Sent from my 2PS64 using Forums mobile app

OK Peeps :)

As previously posted, I followed the instructions and when I tried to book the new fare I got thrown back to the old fare. This happened multiple times

Figuring at this point I had nothing to lose, I canceled my air and then booked new and guess what?

Got the new lower fare with no problem.

Go figure :confused:

Pleased to announce that after following instructions here and carefully watching the airfares, am back to my original lowest plus $60 pp. Considering this is a small percentage of a $2,000 pp fare (US east coast to Sydney) I am now a happy camper.

Thanks again.

EZAir question are you able to pick your seats..

Depends on the airline. But we booked (far in advance) Business Class on China Air from JFK to Singapore. We were not able to get seat assignments by using EZ-air as it told us they could only make a request. So once we had booked through EZ Air we simply went to the China Air web site and were able to pull up our Flex Air reservation (using the reservation number that was on our EZ Air reservation). We were then able to choose our seats on China Air. We then went into our reservation on American (a return flight from Vancouver) and were also able to select our seats. Eventually, the seats we selected on the two airline sites did show-up on our EZ Air reservation.

Hank

Pleased to announce that after following instructions here and carefully watching the airfares, am back to my original lowest plus $60 pp. Considering this is a small percentage of a $2,000 pp fare (US east coast to Sydney) I am now a happy camper.

Thanks again.

Glad to hear of your success, and trust you are still keeping a close watch for further price drops. But PLEASE don't cancel again before having a new booking. If the website throws you a curve just call 1800Princess.

Glad to hear of your success, and trust you are still keeping a close watch for further price drops. But PLEASE don't cancel again before having a new booking. If the website throws you a curve just call 1800Princess.

Yup ... will be MUCH more careful next time :)

I might have made a mistake when checking the fare in terms of class of service so I probably messed up and I'm stuck right now with the higher fare.

I'll keep checking and hopefully I'll get find a lower fare again, but would love to know if there is a way to do this without first canceling.

I'm afraid I already know the answer :(

Because of my fear of screwing it up, when I find a lower fare I call Princess and have the agent make the change.

Because of my fear of screwing it up, when I find a lower fare I call Princess and have the agent make the change.

After my experience, I can appreciate some people being more comfortable doing that.

So far I've been good. Even rebooked last night and again this morning. Right now at the absolute lowest ... even below the good fare I had before I messed up.

So I'm a happy camper :D