Check-in

I’ve heard that if you do your check-in online and have downloaded your pictures you can forgo the check-in counter. I heard they have people walking around with iPads scanning your Set Sail Passes. I also heard you can board after they scan. Is that correct?

What about them checking your passports and you signing a paper saying you are not sick?

Thank you so much for your help! We cruise on Harmony this weekend!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I’ve heard that if you do your check-in online and have downloaded your pictures you can forgo the check-in counter. I heard they have people walking around with iPads scanning your Set Sail Passes. I also heard you can board after they scan. Is that correct?

What about them checking your passports and you signing a paper saying you are not sick?

Thank you so much for your help! We cruise on Harmony this weekend!

The people with the iPads will check your identification and health documents. One SeaPass card will be affixed to the outside of the stateroom, the others (if any) will be inside. If boarding has started, you can immediately board the ship after iPad check-in.

The people with the iPads will check your identification and health documents. One SeaPass card will be affixed to the outside of the stateroom, the others (if any) will be inside. If boarding has started, you can immediately board the ship after iPad check-in.

Thank you! If we show up before boarding starts will they make us wait until our scheduled boarding? I heard you can sometimes get in early.

Oops! Should have read your response better. You already answered my question.

Oops! Should have read your response better. You already answered my question.

I should have mentioned that if you don't upload your photo, or the photo you upload is not acceptable, they will take your photo at check-in. This is no big deal and adds less than a minute to check-in.

There are no set check in times. If you get there before boarding has started, all those with some "status" go first, then it's 1st come, 1st served. If you wait until boarding has started....it's 1st come, 1st served....less waiting if you get there around 11am or so.

We are sailing on the 25th of february on Allure of the seas and we had the option to upload a photo in online check in.

Patricia

Yes Allure just started doing this a few sailings ago

Only Quantum Class ships and Harmony have photo upload capability.

Did online check in for Mariner and we had to upload picture. Also had to schedule a boarding time. This is for sailing out of Singapore.

Had to do photo for second leg out of Dubai as well. Could not print set sail pass for that leg. Probably because we are consecutive cruiser.

BTW, the set sail pass was different as well. And they are individual passes

3259d0952dbf6cf1a7616521f5bdbc88.jpg

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

Did online check in for Mariner and we had to upload picture. Also had to schedule a boarding time. This is for sailing out of Singapore.

Had to do photo for second leg out of Dubai as well. Could not print set sail pass for that leg. Probably because we are consecutive cruiser.

BTW, the set sail pass was different as well. And they are individual passes

Sounds like the photo upload is spreading to other ships. Thanks John.

Following this thread and confused :o. I just printed checked in online for 2-25 Freedom sailing. Printed my set sail. Nothing was asked regarding health and no pic was required. What am I missing? It's been awhile since we've cruised and still trying to learn all the new things about cruising. Thanks

Following this thread and confused :o. I just printed checked in online for 2-25 Freedom sailing. Printed my set sail. Nothing was asked regarding health and no pic was required. What am I missing? It's been awhile since we've cruised and still trying to learn all the new things about cruising. Thanks

The photo upload capability may not have been rolled out to Freedom yet.

Do they ask if you are sick? If you tell the truth, say you have a cold or upset tummy, do they forbid you from boarding? If so, who would tell the truth? There must be lots of people on every cruise who are sick in some way when they board.

Do they ask if you are sick? If you tell the truth, say you have a cold or upset tummy, do they forbid you from boarding? If so, who would tell the truth? There must be lots of people on every cruise who are sick in some way when they board.

They most definitely ask, that's why you can't answer in advance.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

Yep, the way it was described by someone is they tell you they will give you a free check-up, and then they tell you that you cannot board.