Harmony: Time of late seating dining?

Is late seating on the Harmony of the Sea’s eastern Caribbean itinerary, 8:30 PM? ( I wish it was 8 PM in order to not have a problem making it to the late shows.) I’m asking because it seems I have seen posts about different dining times in main dining rooms on some of Royal Caribbean’s ships depending on the itineraries.

Thanks for any info.

I sort of hope it's 8 p.m.. That way if dinner takes a bit long (as so often happens for one reason or another), we can still make it to the main shows.

Thanks to you both for the info.

It was 8pm when I was on her.

Also, the show schedule fluctuates. There will often be shows before and after dinner. You should never have to miss a show for dinner. Also, if you tell your wait staff you have a ticket booked, they'll ensure that you're out in time.

Traditional is deck three.

We were MTD on deck four had a booking each evening ( albeit we ate at 150 Central Park first night and Chops the second night using the BOGO deal and superb meals they were) for 20.45 and every evening walked straight in maybe a one or two minute wait.

The line for cruisers who hadn't booked was about four to ten persons most evenings.

Meals and service in the dining room were first class had no complaints whatsoever.

Cannot tell you how many cruisers ate in the traditional times dining room but MTD was never full always tables free.

We ate breakfast in the dining room on one occasion and all others sitting in the outdoor seating areas at Solarium Bistro.

Lunch was eaten once in the Windjammer (embarkation day) dining room one day and all others when we were on board the ship again in Solarium Bistro.

Thanks for answering my question, Norwich Cruiser. I agree that reservations for My Time dining really speed up the wait. (We usually prefer traditional late seating, though we have done My Time before.) However, with the way the shows work on the Oasis class ships, a table of people might be doing traditional dining, sitting at the same table, yet the whole table will not be attending the same show on the same night. This leads to issues for the wait staff if some guests are trying to hurry and others are dining at a more leisurely pace. Of course, the staff will try to accommodate, but some nights things just run slow, they are often short staffed, etc. On our cruise the post dinner shows take place at 10:30 in some cases and 10:45 in others. So the 8 p.m. dining time works well for either.

Thanks again!

Good to hear. I guess it depends upon how full the ship's dining room is (we usually cruise in late Feb./early March, which is the early end of spring break and late end of snowbird times for cruising). I don't mind long dinners (if the conversation is good) except when there is a show or something we want to attend. One reason both we and some other friends we met on a cruise and sometimes cruise with don't like dining in the alternative restaurants sometimes is because we have each been held captive for 2 1/2 hours and even more a couple of times! I especially recall a Celebrity cruise in which one of our tablemates asked the whole table to attend a specialty restaurant with her and while the service was terrific, we missed the show that night because the dinner took so long! Each course brought several servers who each time simultaneously set each person's course on the table at EXACTLY the same moment. Nice fanfare, but it did seem to be part of the delay. Anyway, I'm sure things will go fine.

Thanks again for your input.