Chef’s table question

bobjer17

Did you go to "My Cruise Manager" for your booking and fill out the Chef's Table reservation request? You can check with the steakhouse once onboard as well.
Yes I did. I got a message saying they will finalize the reservation and send me a confirmation 24 hours prior to boarding. We board on Sunday.

I have never received that sort of message. Mine say your reservation is confirmed; date and time will be finalized once you are onboard.

I'm not sure what to make of the message you received.

I suggest you visit the steakhouse on embarkation day. They will tell you whether you are confirmed, and for what date.

It's a fantastic experience.

I have never received that sort of message. Mine say your reservation is confirmed; date and time will be finalized once you are onboard.

I'm not sure what to make of the message you received.

I suggest you visit the steakhouse on embarkation day. They will tell you whether you are confirmed, and for what date.

It's a fantastic experience.

Thanks so much! I will do that!

I hope you get to go. It has been the highlight of my last two cruises, and I already have it booked for my next two.

If you go, pace yourself. I learned the first time if I don't love the first bite, skip it. Otherwise there's no way I could enjoy the last couple of courses, or the dessert!

Its been 2 years since i've done chef's table on Carnival, but I remember that they take reservations but don't actually give you the date until you board. I had 14 in my party. I think they take all the reservations and then plan accordingly. If it was full, they would already tell you its full, so if they've accepted your reservation, you're golden.

Its been 2 years since i've done chef's table on Carnival, but I remember that they take reservations but don't actually give you the date until you board. I had 14 in my party. I think they take all the reservations and then plan accordingly. If it was full, they would already tell you its full, so if they've accepted your reservation, you're golden.
Yes..I am wondering if it is a little late in the game since we sail on Sunday. We were contemplating for a while and decided to try it. Hope we will get accepted.

Enjoy Liberty! We were on her at Christmas, and it was such a great get away! If you can, check out Laura in the Piano Bar, and tell her that one of those NJ people from Christmas Week says hello! I am doing Chef's Table for the first time on Horizon in September, and I can't wait!

Enjoy Liberty! We were on her at Christmas, and it was such a great get away! If you can, check out Laura in the Piano Bar, and tell her that one of those NJ people from Christmas Week says hello! I am doing Chef's Table for the first time on Horizon in September, and I can't wait!
I will for sure!

Chefs table or steakhouse? Last cruise I emailed for both. I got auto replies back but never heard anything else about the chefs table. I got a confirmation back for the steakhouse in a couple of days. The chef table was 75.00 pp and steakhouse was 35.00 pp. I wanted to do both but really enjoyed the steakhouse. Maybe I will do the chefs table one day.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Chefs table or steakhouse? Last cruise I emailed for both. I got auto replies back but never heard anything else about the chefs table. I got a confirmation back for the steakhouse in a couple of days. The chef table was 75.00 pp and steakhouse was 35.00 pp. I wanted to do both but really enjoyed the steakhouse. Maybe I will do the chefs table one day.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

The confirmation came from the steakhouse but it said chefs table and 75 per person.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Accepted by Email or just asked to standby, and even if told there are no more spaces, ask anyhow. Every time I board there is someone in the atrium or near the Lido doors selling Chef's Table. Usually with a sign on a table. Find them right away and sign up. I have always been invited.

Accepted by Email or just asked to standby, and even if told there are no more spaces, ask anyhow. Every time I board there is someone in the atrium or near the Lido doors selling Chef's Table. Usually with a sign on a table. Find them right away and sign up. I have always been invited.
I was confirmed. Got my confirmation email last night at about 10pm.

I was confirmed. Got my confirmation email last night at about 10pm.

When you board, you should confirm yourself. My first time with Chef's table, they actually made a mistake and I had 2 Steakhouse reservations instead of 1 of each. The steakhouse actually handles both of them. I make it a habit to confirm my chef's table every time now.

Does anyone know the latest Chef's Table menu? Has it changed at all in the last couple of years. We stopped going since the menu was the same.

We did Chef's table on Victory last month and they told us the menu changes about once a year - I THINK they said March would be the next change, but can't recall 100% right now.

I believe Chef's table menu has changed recently. If you search on here someone did a post about it and has pictures of every course. I have done it twice and both experiences were awesome! On the Vista last year I got an email back from the steakhouse six months before we sailed saying it was fully booked and we would be on a waiting/ standby list. When we got on the ship we had a note in our cabin from the steakhouse saying that we were accepted and it had the day and time. I think they do add extra seatings if they get enough people on a waiting list.