Cove balcony vs Havana Inside

TexasCruiser52

The Havana area is the best! We sailed in July, and there were definitely people using the area, but we always got a chair and there was plenty of room in the pool and hot tubs. We met a lot of awesome people back there and basically never felt the need to go up to Lido unless it was to get something to eat. When we sailed, the staff did a great job of keeping non-Havana people out.

We also had an inside room, and never missed having a balcony because we had access to such a great space in the Havana area.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You definitely made the right choice. The Havana area is so awesome that you wouldn’t even have a need for your own balcony. I know because I had a Havana Extended Aft Balcony and hardly used it. It’s a no brainer. The only way you would ever get me on a Vista class again is in a Havana cabin. I wouldn’t care if I had to stay in a towel closet as long it gave me access to back there!

Is it worth $700 over a square shaped interior cabin? A Havana interior popped up on our June sailing' date=' but is close to the band stand and $700 more than our current cabin. That's a lot of money for excursions, drinks, etc.

Sent from my XT1635-02 using Forums mobile app

I paid a lot more than that for my Havana Ext Aft Balcony which I used maybe twice. An inside would have been fine. My friend had a Havana inside and loved it. I hardly spent any time out of Havana during the day and honestly I would have been very disappointed in my cruise if I didn’t have Havana to hide out in. To me it’s absolutely worth it. Others that have actually tried it may not agree but that’s my opinion. Look for and read my Vista review.

I like to travel on the cheap and if I say it’s worth spending the extra money then I see a huge value to it. Won’t step foot on a Vista class without Havana. Just won’t do it. Not even if I had a Suite for free!

I paid a lot more than that for my Havana Ext Aft Balcony which I used maybe twice. An inside would have been fine. My friend had a Havana inside and loved it. I hardly spent any time out of Havana during the day and honestly I would have been very disappointed in my cruise if I didn’t have Havana to hide out in. To me it’s absolutely worth it. Others that have actually tried it may not agree but that’s my opinion. Look for and read my Vista review.

I like to travel on the cheap and if I say it’s worth spending the extra money then I see a huge value to it. Won’t step foot on a Vista class without Havana. Just won’t do it. Not even if I had a Suite for free!

Thanks for the feedback! We have one on deck 7 for our Horizon B2B, so we may wait and try Vista in the traditional interior, but it is tempting, just trying to budget a little more this go around. Decisions, decisions...

Sent from my XT1635-02 using Forums mobile app

Mumofsons, I read one of your posts on the East Coast Departure board and saw that you had stayed at a Hampton Inn on Times Square. We are in the process of making reservations for our trip to NYC and am very interested in your experience in NYC, including at which Hampton Inn you stayed. I would appreciate it if you would please email me at kacruiser@sbcglobal.net. Thanks.