Beware if you ever have to deal with RCCL redeployment office

echokat

We booked a 2019 TP cruise on the Explorer of the Seas and the cruise was canceled. We were offered a 20% off FCC to rebook on Ovation of the Seas from Sydney to Honolulu and 10% off any other new booking. The Explorer cruise went from Sydney to Seattle, the Ovation went only 1/2 way to the mainland. There was a separate cruise from Honolulu to Vancouver to follow priced very high. So to get from Seattle to mainland was almost 2X the price of the Explorer.

To make matters even worse and let you know how RCCL treated us, people were notified by email about the Explorer cancellation the day after we booked this cruise. We never received the email, I found out about it here on Cruise Critic on the Meet and Mingle. I had to call RCCL to officially know the cruise was canceled about a month after the cancellation email was sent to everyone else. Good business?

Now on to dealing with the redeployment office. That is very poorly run IMO. Here is the

continuing saga of FUBAR RCCL redeployment. I called yesterday and spent 1 1/2 hours on phone, almost all on hold. I believe they wanted me to hang up, but I did not.

We booked Ovation on 12/11/17 at a very good price. On 12/11/17 they sent confirmation that was over $1000 more than what we booked. I did take a screen shot of the real price.

After a few emails back and forth the price was adjusted back to slightly less than the original booking, but only by about $15. Sent a confirmation on this price on 12/14/17.

On 12/15/17 on the RCCL website in my cruises account, the price showed up as $800 less than the confirmation email we got on 12/14.

So on to the conversation yesterday, the lady first said they were swamped with FCC requests from the Explorer cruise and they had not gotten to ours yet. I had an amount for the 20% which was confirmed when I first started back on 12/11. Yada, yada yada. They then told me that the $800 difference from 12/11 to 12/14 was partial FCC. Can you believe? They think I am a fool and stupid. I told the gal this was unacceptable and to send it up the food chain. I am now waiting....

But lesson learned, RCCL is not well run and doesn't care a fig about their customers.

My saga is not done.

Kathy

Hope it works out for you.

We were on Adventure B2B for this month and it was cancelled for drydock I have to say our experience calling on that was excellent. 20 minutes and we were rebooked on Jewel with good cabin, price match and 400/week OBC.

Definition of redeployment

The assignment of troops, employees or resources to a new place or task.

Do you mean Customer Service?

The redeployment office is a branch of customer service, specifically called by RCCL redeployment office to rebook similar cruises when one is cancelled. Many people that deal with a cancelled cruise redeployment have good experiences. On this particular cruise, many, many of the CC folks felt they got jobbed however. We are probably getting jobbed too, but I will fight them and hope to get resolution.

The redeployment office is a branch of customer service, specifically called by RCCL redeployment office to rebook similar cruises when one is cancelled. Many people that deal with a cancelled cruise redeployment have good experiences. On this particular cruise, many, many of the CC folks felt they got jobbed however. We are probably getting jobbed too, but I will fight them and hope to get resolution.

You are right, but they have a lot of changes to deal with. I tried giving them time because my cruise that was effected was Sept of this year, but that cost me several hundred dollars as the price went up from when I wanted to book my replacement cruise. In the long run, I got there through enough complaining.

I have a cruise booked on the BR for January 2019 that has been closed for bookings for over 6 months. I called last week and the rep told me that it has been chartered which I already knew since I saw the charter online. She was very nice and did not know why I have not been notified. She thought it was odd that there was no info on alternate dates. She was checking and was going to call me back Friday (last week) or Monday (this week( I'm still waiting

Not sure what is happening although it's still a year out they usually notify people sooner than this once they know it's a charter.

Thanks, I actually looked it up and that is what I found, got confused. Good to know a department is like there to help us in a time of need

Yes, I agree with you that it could be handled a lot better and more efficiently!:mad: Our Cuba cruise this October was originally on the Empress, which RCI switched over to the Majesty. We have 13 cruisers, 7 cabins booked together. I, too, went through a lot of hassle and long phone calls on hold but, since I am retired, I was able to wait on hold for extended periods of time.:loudcry: Finally, all cabins were successfully (I hope) transferred to the Majesty. Best advice I can give is "persistence"; keep on calling until problems are resolved to your satisfaction!;) However, remember to control your anger and always be polite, which has always worked out for me! Never any need to get nasty! (not saying you would, of course) Good luck!!

Edited by SilkySal
add sentence