Help unpacking?

cruisingbearz

Wow - really harsh and judgmental. Who makes your bed and cleans your bathroom at home - unless you have staff, my guess is it's you. Why don't you do that on a cruise instead of letting someone else do it?

I do make my own bed and tidy my own bathroom on our cruise. All I ask for is clean towels. Clean bedding after a week. But I’m low maintenance like that.

I do make my own bed and tidy my own bathroom on our cruise. All I ask for is clean towels. Clean bedding after a week. But I’m low maintenance like that.

Well, to each their own. I still think you were being hash and condescending.

Personally, I see nothing strange about it at all. OP would like to have help and she is willing to pay for it. I like to unpack - it's when I finally relax and know I'm ready to have a great time, but I detest packing back up to go home. I would gladly pay for help with that.

Yes, packing back up at the end also signifies the end of the vacation:(. Not much motivation at the end really. But if you really need help then maybe your significant other, children or other family cruising with you will help you with it. Or limit the amount you bring to make it easier.

After so many years of cruising we have downsized our belongings on our cruises so we are pretty efficient with packing and unpacking.

Personally, I see nothing strange about it at all. OP would like to have help and she is willing to pay for it. I like to unpack - it's when I finally relax and know I'm ready to have a great time, but I detest packing back up to go home. I would gladly pay for help with that.

Yes, packing back up at the end also signifies the end of the vacation:(. Not much motivation at the end really. But if you really need help then maybe your significant other, children or other family cruising with you will help you with it. Or limit the amount you bring to make it easier.

After so many years of cruising we have downsized our belongings on our cruises so we are pretty efficient with packing and unpacking.

Will have to limit what I take as I cruise on my own, no one else around when you need help. Lol

Sent from my iPad using Forums

LOL! The first time I saw someone provide the unpacking service is when I watched an episode of Below Deck. And I was shocked that people were just fine with a stranger pawing through their things! We are big fans of the show and it seems to be a standard & expected service when renting a million dollar yacht. I just wouldn’t expect that particular service on my Carnival cruise. The stewards aren’t getting $1500-$1800 in tips after each cruise like on Below Deck! Although I guess it doesn’t hurt for the OP to ask..particularly since the OP is willing to pay for it. The use of packing cubes, different colors for different family members, seems to be a cost & time effective method for quick unpacking.

LOL! The first time I saw someone provide the unpacking service is when I watched an episode of Below Deck. And I was shocked that people were just fine with a stranger pawing through their things! We are big fans of the show and it seems to be a standard & expected service when renting a million dollar yacht. I just wouldn’t expect that particular service on my Carnival cruise. The stewards aren’t getting $1500-$1800 in tips after each cruise like on Below Deck! Although I guess it doesn’t hurt for the OP to ask..particularly since the OP is willing to pay for it. The use of packing cubes, different colors for different family members, seems to be a cost & time effective method for quick unpacking.

I keep hearing people being concerned about a stranger touching their things. Exactly what things are people concerned about?

I keep hearing people being concerned about a stranger touching their things. Exactly what things are people concerned about?

It just gives me the heebie jeebies even thinking about it. I guess how a peson might feel after their car or home gets broken into (of course, unpacking for someone is not a criminal act). I know, not a perfect analogy. But It's that feeling of "someone has been through my stuff"...I'm just not comfortable with it.

I don't want strangers touching my things and not knowing where things are. Granted, it's only my husband and myself, but it only takes us a few minutes to unpack and organize. We do use packing cubes which are a life saver.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T377A using Forums mobile app

Well, I understand wanting to know where things are, but what do you or anyone else who objects to strangers handling their things do when laundry is sent out? Multiple strangers are probably touching your things then.

Well, I understand wanting to know where things are, but what do you or anyone else who objects to strangers handling their things do when laundry is sent out? Multiple strangers are probably touching your things then.

I've never sent laundry out to be cleaned by someone else while on vacay. If I'm on vacation and something needs to be cleaned, I wash it either by hand, or in billetting's laundry facility (if we are on base), or hubby & i will do a quick load at a nearby laundromat.

Hahahaha before I read your post I told my girlfriend the same... haha first time in my life I see one willing to pay someone else to unpack.

Well, I see here a big opportunity. I'll open my unpack company... :D

TONS of cruiselines as well as hotels and resorts have butler service that provided packing and unpacking along with many other services including laundry and reservations.

I am going on a 7 day cruise with my family that includes children. We are traveling on Carnival in suites. My question is does carnival offer any services to help with unpacking and setting up your cabin? I din't expect this to be free and am fine with paying, I am just the type of person that I can't relax until everything is in its place and settled. Thank you in advance for any advice/help! :)

Edited: Since I can't delete this post I have to type in something so here it goes. Reading back I notice that someone else already mentioned that some other cruise lines offer a butler with certain types of suites. I'm sure that bulter would be happy to unpack your luggage for you.