Ruby Entertainment and Specialty Dining Question

Morris4me

In March, we will be cruising on Princess for the first time, sailing the 7 night California Coastal itinerary. We have cruised RCCL, NCL, HAL, Carnival and Celebrity. My first question is to see if anyone can provide information on what musical/band-type entertainment is currently on Ruby. I'm not looking for production shows. Also, which of the specialty restaurants would you recommend? Really looking forward to this cruise!

In March, we will be cruising on Princess for the first time. My first question is to see if anyone can provide information on what musical/band-type entertainment is currently on Ruby. I'm not looking for production shows. Also, which of the specialty restaurants would you recommend?

The entertainment in March will likely be different than it is now.

If you like steaks (mostly)...Crown Grill

If you like pasta & fish (mostly)...Sabatini's

I think Ruby has Share (rather than Sabatini's)...read some reviews, they're all over the place on + & -

Edited by JF - retired RRT

Although they will probably change this before your cruise, right now, the most active musical entertainment (for Mex Riviera cruises) is the mariachi band, Los Brilliantes.

There is a very good magician on board, RJ Lewis.

Comedian, Jammin' Jay Lamont

Great singer, Paul Baker

There is the Hot Funk Party Band, that I did not care for.

Crooners has Igor Kisiel, who I did not spend time listening to, and Colin Slater, who was pretty good.

There is the Galaxy Duo, another one I did not spend time listening to.

Specialty Restaurants: I enjoy the Crown Grill, but I have never tried Share -- the menu does not appeal to me, and I have never found Curtis Stone to be appealing.

How were the lamb chops, if you had those?

I have not tried the lamb chops in the Crown Grill. I tried a lamb chop many years ago in a famous steakhouse in Austin, Texas. I quickly learned that I have a strong dislike for the taste of lamb and will never order it again.

When we were on the Ruby almost a year ago we ate at Share and LOVED it. We had pork ravioli, corn soup, duck, lobster tails and steak. Each course was fantastic, everything they made they did it right! If you can take a look at the menu and find things you like, I'd say give it a go.

The menus for Share and Crown Grill are on the Princess website. Get Out And Live is right, check the menus out. For me, there were only two courses at Share that had any selections that looked edible, which is why I've never been!

But others have much different tastes than my pedestrian "meat and potatoes" preferences.

• 4 weeks later...
In March, we will be cruising on Princess for the first time, sailing the 7 night California Coastal itinerary. We have cruised RCCL, NCL, HAL, Carnival and Celebrity. My first question is to see if anyone can provide information on what musical/band-type entertainment is currently on Ruby. I'm not looking for production shows. Also, which of the specialty restaurants would you recommend? Really looking forward to this cruise!

We are 2 weeks out and just received an email that shows the main entertainers.

I imagine you will receive the same in due coarse.

I am on the Feb 26 sailing of Ruby and have not received email on entertainment.Would you mind sharing what you received?Thank you.

We are on same cruise...

ORIGINAL PRODUCTION SHOWS

ONBOARD MEDIA

• Battle of the Sexes (2017). Starring Emma Stone, Steve Carell. Directed by Jonathan Dayton, Valerie Faris. Rated PG-13, 2 hrs 1 min.
  • Murder on the Orient Express (2017). Starring: Penelope Cruz, Judi Dench, . Directed by Kenneth Branagh. Rated PG-13, 1 hr. 54 mins.

GUEST ENTERTAINERS

• AJ Jamal. Four times seen on The Tonight Show, HBO, SHOWTIME, COMEDY CENTRAL, Cast member of FOX's hit tv show " In Living Color..
  • Andrew John Diessner. A versatile tenor and talented instrumentalist whose voice soars through multiple styles and genres - from Jazz to classical to pop, he offers a song for every musical palette.

ACTIVITIES

MEXICAN FIESTA

• Celebrate the Mexican Fiesta with face painting, flower making, and sugar-skull mask decorating. Don't miss the dance-filled variety show, with such enthralling numbers as 'The Procession of the Dead' and 'La llorona'.

Wow...still Magic To Do...that's all we've seen for years it seems...lol

I "think" it's only been around for about 2 years or so. I was looking forward to seeing it on our last cruise as we have never seen the show but "life" interfered and we missed the show the one day it was offered. (I thought they could have offered it more than one day on a 28 day cruise.)