Bedbugs on the Sunshine?

silverridge

I treat every hotel and ship room as suspect until they prove themselves innocent by my inspection. It can happen anywhere, and they may have picked up thier bugs in various places along thier travels. I wouldn't write off a whole ship or hotel because of a reported incident of bugs. If a place appeared to be plagued then I would likely avoid it.

The review was from a Dec 17 sailing.

I am sure once Carnival was notified they did everything that needed to be done to get rid of the bugs and to check neighboring cabins.

IF I were sailing in a neighboring cabin and booked with a TA, I would call and discuss so they could run interference with Carnival for me. If I booked directly with Carnival I would be making calls and asking questions about what was done and have the neighboring cabins been checked.

In Sept I became friendly with my cabin steward and specifically asked about bed bugs. I was told that they are all trained and know what to look for when removing linen. If they see anything that cabin is cleaned and treatment done asap. That cabin is closed for about 2-4 hrs. They use something that heats the room to a high temp that kills the bugs.

I had never heard of that method but when I got home I remembered and did a google search for it. Sure enough is was there and said that was a system in place that hotels use.

I travel and cruise alot. My friends tease me and say I have a fairy that I travel with, as I have never had a bug (except for a nasty spider in FL and I changed rooms and floors) or a mouse, not even at Disney.

Make a call and relax. Enjoy you holiday.

• 5 months later...